[Daily Steals - US] 27-inch Samsung Monitor only $179

Dealzon

Impressive price point on a big screen monitor today at Daily Steals. This Samsung 27-inch unit dropped to only $179. The same model sells brand new on Amazon for $322.99.

Deal is valid today only 5/8/15

• Deals listed by Dealzon help support LMG / Linus Tech Tips
  • More PC game deals here
  • Latest PC game retailers sales here

As I've said before, even if it's a good screen,  27" and 1080p isn't a great combo.

As a primary monitor it might not be, as a secondary with that stand and quality it's still a nice deal.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

As I've said before, even if it's a good screen,  27" and 1080p isn't a great combo.

Agreed the pixel density isn't enough it really needs to be 1440p or 4k at 27 inch.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Agreed the pixel density isn't enough it really needs to be 1440p or 4k at 27 inch.

Yeah. 1440p is the sweet spot right now.

Sig under construction.

It's not like it's terrible, though.  1080p was the standard for a looong time and it's still being sold even on large-screen TVs like my 50-inch.  

27" 1080p at this price is a fantastic deal.

edit // Plus... it has ​megaaa dynaaaamic contrast ratio.

It's not like it's terrible, though.  1080p was the standard for a looong time and it's still being sold even on large-screen TVs like my 50-inch.  

27" 1080p at this price is a fantastic deal.

edit // Plus... it has ​megaaa dynaaaamic contrast ratio.

But the thing is that from a long distance you don't see the individual pixels like you do when you are a foot away from your monitor, it's all in the pixel density.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

But the thing is that from a long distance you don't see the individual pixels like you do when you are a foot away from your monitor, it's all in the pixel density.

I get it completely. You're not wrong.

My point still remains. :)

I get it completely. You're not wrong.

My point still remains. :)

Here is my conclusion on it,

For watching tv and films brilliant. For sitting just a foot away form it not so good, unless you really want an amazing budget 27 inch monitor, then get this.

Here is my conclusion on it,

For watching tv and films brilliant. For sitting just a foot away form it not so good, unless you really want an amazing budget 27 inch monitor, then get this.

With the versatility of the monitor stand at this price, this would be very useful for coding or for a second display while gaming.  And while it may not be the best for a primary monitor, not everyone can afford the expensive options for higher resolutions.

I actually prefer glossy.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I actually prefer glossy.

200_s.gif
IMO better whites and better Black's.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

IMO better whites and better Black's.

Agreed. I get crap all the time for it, but it's just what I like.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

27inch 1080p is just fine. I sit 3 and half feet away or so though as I have a large desk

27inch 1080p is just fine. I sit 3 and half feet away or so though as I have a large desk

+1. There's around  two and a half feet from my eyes to my monitor and it looks fine.

CPU Intel i7 8700k | Motherboard ASUS Z370-E | RAM Corsair Vengeance 16GB(8x 2GB) | GPU Asus Strix 1080ti | Case Corsair 570X | Storage Samsung 960 NVME M.2, Intel 530 240GB ssd, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Corsair AX1200iCooling XSPC Photon 270 reservoir, D5 pump, Raystorm cpu block, and an EX360 rad | Keyboard Corsair k70 rgb | MousLogitech Proteus Spectrum rgb

My monitor is 27" and 1920x1200 and it is fine. text is sharp and legible and picture quality is fine. i'm also about a foot and a half to 2 feet away. Whoever wants to get this monitor I would say go for it.

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)