GTA V Popping Texures

Go to solution Solved by sgtcool,

snip

do you have custom music?

try to disable it

and disable "auto scan for music"

my textures also have some pop in when i think its reading the custom music, only sometimes (also some stutters, but i know its just reading the music, 250MB/s HDD)

so my GPU is Crap or my HDD?

so my GPU is Crap or my HDD?

Well, I have the same issue you have. I fixed mine by lowering some texture qualities or lowering anything to try and get the VRAM to at least below 300 the amount that I have. So for example I have 2 GB of VRAM and I only use about 1.7GB. I have a SSD and whenever I went over or right at the 2GB mark textures would load very slowly and take long for them to pop in. 

I had pop in issues and I was very perplexed, esp since I have a 4790k and a gtx 970. At the time when I solved my issue, I was building a computer for my cousin and had 8gb of ram laying around. So, in my attempts to sort the issue, I slotted the 8gb of ram in along side the 8gb I already had in there, and all my issues disapeered. No more stutter, pop in, ect. All was well. Any who, that's what I reccomend. Throw more ram at the problem. It might fix things. 16 GB is the most you would ever need. And for some, that fixes the issues for some reason. Also, I wouldn't reccomend using personal radio at all if it is giving you issues. The reason for the lagspikes is that the HDD has to load the songs, which can bog down the game for some people. Just mute car radio and use iTunes or something.

My friend suggested overclocking my cpu

so i did a slight overclock from 2.33ghz

to 2.66 ghz and it solved the problem but

i dont realy feel safe as i have a stock cooler

Btw about my cpu when i go to canyourunit.com it gave a check mark for my cpu

Red ​White ​Blue

My friend suggested overclocking my cpu

so i did a slight overclock from 2.33ghz

to 2.66 ghz and it solved the problem but

i dont realy feel safe as i have a stock cooler

Btw about my cpu when i go to canyourunit.com it gave a check mark for my cpu

That's good to hear!

What is your max CPU temps while you are playing?

here are my temps see the thumbnail

but one quick question when i run gta v i have vsync on half but that sould give me 30fps if iam right but it limits me to 29fps and this isnt that big of a deal but i would wanna know why

post-227058-0-31885900-1432498451.png

Red ​White ​Blue

here are my temps see the thumbnail

but one quick question when i run gta v i have vsync on half but that sould give me 30fps if iam right but it limits me to 29fps and this isnt that big of a deal but i would wanna know why

If thats your temps while gaming then you're absolutely fine. No need to worry at all.

About the other thing... I don't know. Maybe it's reason that in the refresh rate option there is a 59Hz option instead of 60. A lot of games are doing this.

Probably because 60fps is actually 59.952fps. So you know.. it just keeps the 59. Or instead of 30 it shows 29.

no guessed this was a bug so i set vsync on half and i live with 30 fps until a patch comes out

so its set to 29hz

Red ​White ​Blue

no guessed this was a bug so i set vsync on half and i live with 30 fps until a patch comes out

so its set to 29hz

You can always try disabling vsync from the game. And then enable it from the nvidia control panel.

snip

do you have custom music?

try to disable it

and disable "auto scan for music"

my textures also have some pop in when i think its reading the custom music, only sometimes (also some stutters, but i know its just reading the music, 250MB/s HDD)

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

wow thank you guys all the problems have been fixed now

- have a nice day :-)

Red ​White ​Blue

are you using a ssd? i use hdd and i get the same thing in some games my game will start and a moment later all the textures load in..like in battlefield 4.

same problem here!, probably slow HDD?

wow thank you guys all the problems have been fixed now

- have a nice day :-)

lol that's funny... Turning off custom music was the first thing I suggested you to do.

But anyways.. have fun with your working GTA!!!  :D  :D

Popping in is a CPU problem. Fixed by limiting your FPS.

lol that's funny... Turning off custom music was the first thing I suggested you to do.

But anyways.. have fun with your working GTA!!!  :D  :D

yeah i did that but the problem layed in the scan automaticly thingy

so yeah but i hope they fix this because i hate the gta music

Red ​White ​Blue