Could this build get 60+fps on all games at 1440p?

Afflated

99.999% of the time yes

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

No need or an i7 unless you're gonna stream/edit video

Yeah, that's the reason why I put the I7 in, I am planning on doing a lot of 3d graphics work.

ez

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Nope. That won't run anything because you haven't yet chosen a power supply.

Screw the 980. Overpriced paperweight in the making. Save a few dollars and increase your performance. Look into a Crossfire 290/290x. It might be around the same price or just a little bit more, but the performance will be higher also.

Make sure you decide which video card setup you're going to buy first before you select a power supply.

i would go for a titan x ;)

Eh, The Titan X is too much for me, considering I am going to be using the rig at 1440p, I will already be paying for Two 1440p monitors for work flow, so I'd rather spend on that than a Titan X. Plus the Titan X wont offer me much more than I am looking for with the price tag that it has.

Nope. That won't run anything because you haven't yet chosen a power supply.

Screw the 980. Overpriced paperweight in the making. Save a few dollars and increase your performance. Look into a Crossfire 290/290x. It might be around the same price or just a little bit more, but the performance will be higher also.

Make sure you decide which video card setup you're going to buy first before you select a power supply.

Yeah I get where you are coming from, I was thinking a lot about the 290x but thought if I was going to go down AMD's route than it would be better to wait for the 300 series (which I probably will upgrade to in time) 

Yes, even games like arma 2 might play well

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Yeah I get where you are coming from, I was thinking a lot about the 290x but thought if I was going to go down AMD's route than it would be better to wait for the 300 series (which I probably will upgrade to in time) 

And here is the elephant in the room... didn't AMD just announce that it would release the 300 series next month (end of Q2)? Either way the 290 and 980 are both sinking money ships. I think just a little bit more patience is going to pay off for you. That way you can decide if the 390 is worth your money instead and you wouldn't have wasted 455 pounds plus VAT.

And here is the elephant in the room... didn't AMD just announce that it would release the 300 series next month (end of Q2)? Either way the 290 and 980 are both sinking money ships. I think just a little bit more patience is going to pay off for you. That way you can decide if the 390 is worth your money instead and you wouldn't have wasted 455 pounds plus VAT.

Here is the good part, I haven't spent a single pound on this build yet :D

Here is the good part, I haven't spent a single pound on this build yet :D

But you want to! haha  :lol:

But you want to! haha  :lol:

I know, lol. At least we will be seeing the 300 series very soon  :D

I know, lol. At least we will be seeing the 300 series very soon  :D

Definitely! Good luck picking up components.

Yes, but not every game maxed out at 1440p.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£184.66 @ Ebuyer)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim 113.8 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler  (£30.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£113.96 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£88.20 @ More Computers)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£79.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£53.94 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 8GB Vapor-X Video Card  (£380.70 @ Dabs)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Arctic White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£66.95 @ More Computers)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12G 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (£91.99 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-118CB/BEBE DVD/CD Drive  (£9.98 @ Novatech)
Total: £1101.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-07 23:02 BST+0100

(^◡^)っ✂

Explain yourself, you're not being particularly useful.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Explain yourself, you're not being particularly useful.

Explain yourself for replying to me. You didn't even help in this thread so why are you judging others.

The build i posted is way better value for your money. It will handle 1440P perfectly fine.

drop the 980 and grab a 295x2! its way way way cheaper (well it was £470 last week) and will poop all over a 980 and even a titan x in most games.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Explain yourself for replying to me. You didn't even help in this thread so why are you judging others.

The build i posted is way better value for your money. It will handle 1440P perfectly fine.

The point of my post wasn't to help OP, it's not a necessity for criticizing either.

A lot of people seem to think it's helpful to just post a build and assume OP understands why it's a better choice. It's basically pointing at some parts and saying "trust me despite giving no reasons whatsoever, it's better". I'm pretty sure most of us want a little more in-depth advice when spending 1100£.

It's nothing personal, it always annoys me when I see people doing that as giving advice.

Also OP picked the I7 for work reasons, it's not just a gaming build.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

I want your GPU :(

Nice build man.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE