Games won't start with NVIDIA GPU

Jofrel_NL
Go to solution Solved by 9justinas9,

Im amd user but you should try uninstalling your current drivers entirely and install then back with no GTA5 fix. who said that amd drivers was a pain in the ass i didnt have to do anything to launch gta5. and use google translate its easy

My laptop msi fx603 doesn't want to start games with the Nvidia GeForce GT 425M graphics anymore. The problem started when I installed the GTA V PC ready driver. I solved the problem with GTA V, for the GTA V launcher I had to choose the intergrated graphics and for the game itself the Nvidia graphics. But fo game like Garry's Mod and other games that don't have a launcher like that won't launch, they only launch with integrated graphics.

I hope you can understand the problem, i'm 13 years old and live in The Netherlands. So my English is not very good... I think

Have you tried going to the latest driver for Nvidia (even BETA)? Or doing a clean reinstall of the current driver? It could be an issue with the installation. 

Have you tried going to the latest driver for Nvidia (even BETA)?

That is the latest driver.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Im amd user but you should try uninstalling your current drivers entirely and install then back with no GTA5 fix. who said that amd drivers was a pain in the ass i didnt have to do anything to launch gta5. and use google translate its easy

Are you sure youre plugged into a power source?

Your english is fine

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I think that's the best solution for now, just don't install the GTA V ready driver till it's fixed with a new driver

Yo this is a common problem... This is how I got around it. Asus x73s, 610m 1gb, i7 2670qm, 8 GB ram, latest drivers (GTAV game ready)

(Convo with rockstar support)

Im still having problems, here is what I have to do to get the game to even launch.

1. Disable my nVidia card (in device manager)

2. Close Intel TurboBoost

3. Launch game and let it "not respond"

4. Re-enable nVidia card

5. Re-open Intel TurboBoost

6. Hit "Retry" in game launcher

7. Game will launch

8. Set graphics settings (every time)

I have found this as a "work around" to get the game to run, but I am sure a lot of others have not discovered this yet and it's just a pain to get GTA V to run. Im sure this issue will be fixed (or an attempted fix) with the first update (or at least I hope).