Potential in GPU ?

I was curious about his, I have 2 video cards here and I was wondering if there was a way for me to see or if anyone here knew if the cards would even be worth using in a folding at home build ?

They are:

nVidia Quadro FX 3450

nVidia Quadro FX 3400

Would they be worth finding something to run them ?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

They might be able to fold though I'm not sure, you could always install them and find out :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Why do you have two Quadro cards laying about? :D

One came in my computer when it was bought, the other was a package deal, I paid $5 for it 

They might be able to fold though I'm not sure, you could always install them and find out :)

The only thing is I don't have anything to put them .. That is why I asked if it was worth buying something to run them in.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

The only thing is I don't have anything to put them .. That is why I asked if it was worth buying something to run them in.

Just had a look and they look pretty old, unless you have someone who can lend you a system to put them in I wouldn't have thought it would be worth it, have you thought about putting it in your current system just to test?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Just had a look and they look pretty old, unless you have someone who can lend you a system to put them in I wouldn't have thought it would be worth it, have you thought about putting it in your current system just to test?

I guess I could do that... I can only run 1 at a time though, I am running a WU right now, if I stop and switch a card will it ditch what it is doing and start a new one on the fx card ?

I guess I could do that... I can only run 1 at a time though, I am running a WU right now, if I stop and switch a card will it ditch what it is doing and start a new one on the fx card ?

Yea I think so thought I haven't tried personally

What GPU's are in those cards? they look like they pre-date Tesla.

Yea I think so thought I haven't tried personally

What GPU's are in those cards? they look like they pre-date Tesla.

That would kinda suck... I would hate to lose the work I have done...

I was curious about his, I have 2 video cards here and I was wondering if there was a way for me to see or if anyone here knew if the cards would even be worth using in a folding at home build ?

They are:

nVidia Quadro FX 3450

nVidia Quadro FX 3400

Would they be worth finding something to run them ?

Just looked at when they were made and what equivalent geforce card would be,  sad to say, the answer is no. You wont be able to fold on them.

Primarily, they're equivalent to the Geforce 6800. Which that card does not support folding because it does not have cuda nor the proper OpenCL to run Fold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Quadro#PCI_Express

The earliest you could go is any geforce 8000 series cards. Although F@H been slowly dropping support for any gpu below the GT(S/X) 400 series cards

That would kinda suck... I would hate to lose the work I have done...

Yea carry on with the WU you are currently on, set the slot to finish so it won't pull another in

Well, looks like I didn't need to post the wiki link on the card. lol

Just looked at when they were made and what equivalent geforce card would be,  sad to say, the answer is no. You wont be able to fold on them.

Primarily, they're equivalent to the Geforce 6800. Which that card does not support folding because it does not have cuda nor the proper OpenCL to run Fold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Quadro#PCI_Express

The earliest you could go is any geforce 8000 series cards. Although F@H been slowly dropping support for any gpu below the GT(S/X) 400 series cards

That is mildly disappointing... I was hoping I could use them....

Yea carry on with the WU you are currently on, set the slot to finish so it won't pull another in

Apparently they don't work anyway ... 

PS

Anyone want to buy a Quadro FX 3450 and 3400 ? lol

PS

Anyone want to buy a Quadro FX 3450 and 3400 ? lol

Not anymore lol

Not anymore lol

Exactly my thought... I will probably post them up on a Kijiji add...

Exactly my thought... I will probably post them up on a Kijiji add...

Sounds good or you could keep them, they're pretty much antiques lol

Sounds good or you could keep them, they're pretty much antiques lol

They aren't the good antiques that if you keep them long enough the value goes up ! I wish PC hardware worked like that xD I'd be rich !

They aren't the good antiques that if you keep them long enough the value goes up ! I wish PC hardware worked like that xD I'd be rich !

Yea lol

I have a Pentium III 300 (I think) that works and still has the original heatsink, I wonder what that would be worth if old hardware increased in value.

You could keep one of them as a back-up card in-case a gpu in your other system(s) dies.

Or you could mount them on a wall like linus did when his Live stream was still at his personal house. XD

Yea lol

I have a Pentium III 300 (I think) that works and still has the original heatsink, I wonder what that would be worth if old hardware increased in value.

I have 3 old P4's, 1 is folding 1 is in a box and the last is a file server xD

You could keep one of them as a back-up card in-case a gpu in your other system(s) dies.

Or you could mount them on a wall like linus did when his Live stream was still at his personal house. XD

They don't have that much value to me to do that xD

I already have another video card to use in case my main dies...

I have 3 old P4's, 1 is folding 1 is in a box and the last is a file server xD

They don't have that much value to me to do that xD

I already have another video card to use in case my main dies...

Well, last idea would be a retro-build. B)  :D

As for back up-cards, guess your in a better position than me. :P Only back-up card i got cant work in modern computers anymore as it's an AGP card. (geforce 6200). 

Well, last idea would be a retro-build. B)  :D

As for back up-cards, guess your in a better position than me. :P Only back-up card i got cant work in modern computers anymore as it's an AGP card. (geforce 6200). 

You want a Quadro ? lol

I don't know about doing a rebuild, I'd rather put the time and money into a proper desktop. 

You want a Quadro ? lol

I don't know about doing a rebuild, I'd rather put the time and money into a proper desktop. 

I would but I need to spend money on a proper gpu first. Currently running with this desktop i'm using (Core I7 920 and EVGA X58 SLI-3) is a geforce 210.  :ph34r:

Didn't  plan on this computer doing any gaming that my family likes doing on it now (Built it for cpu/ram intensive things). So if my original plan lasted, the 210 would of been just fine.... At least all the games were currently playing are old enough that you could on a old pentium 4 system (unreal gold, Assasin creed 1, ect).. So the 210 is able to handle for the moment but I know that wont last.

I would but I need to spend money on a proper gpu first. Currently running with this desktop i'm using (Core I7 920 and EVGA X58 SLI-3) is a geforce 210.  :ph34r:

Didn't  plan on this computer doing any gaming that my family likes doing on it now (Built it for cpu/ram intensive things). So if my original plan lasted, the 210 would of been just fine.... At least all the games were currently playing are old enough that you could on a old pentium 4 system (unreal gold, Assasin creed 1, ect).. So the 210 is able to handle for the moment but I know that wont last.

My setup is the other way around, AMD 6850 not a bad GPU , OLD Xeons, Crappy ram... SSD and HDD are good as well.

I'd like a whole new system if I could afford it.

I have a fx 5200....beat that B)

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

I have a fx 5200....beat that B)

-Anubikai

I don't know how I could beat that... I just don't feel like trying to figure it out... so, No.