Epic Surround Gaming Build. Seeking advice/opinions.

Terrrrrrible. What's your budget?

Not exactly, but there are parts here that I would completely change - including a lot of switching around that can be done to make this a lot more performance/dollar.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Not exactly, but there are parts here that I would completely change - including a lot of switching around that can be done to make this a lot more performance/dollar.

Not exactly? All the money was thrown in to the cpu/mobo/ram and a powersupply that'll never be fully utilized. A GTX 980 for 3x4k? Not exactly? It'll will perform HORRIBLY.

Terrrrrrible. What's your budget?

This isn't exactly a "budget build". So what would you change?

I saw a video on building a surround gaming PC that was quite similiar to the build I'm proposing...

And the guy who made the video was using regular 3x 40" 4k TVs that can only do 60hz and all the games ran very well....

wtf you're going to use 40 inch tvs? 

you're going to have a bad time.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I saw a video on building a surround gaming PC that was quite similiar to the build I'm proposing...

And the guy who made the video was using regular 3x 40" 4k TVs that can only do 60hz and all the games ran very well....

Working on a list, give me a few minutes.

wtf you're going to use 40 inch tvs? 

you're going to have a bad time.

When did I say that? Please learn how to read.

Dude. Look below:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Xx3wnQ

Why on earth would you use a 1600W PSU anyway? You use that if you run a insane 4-way SLI/XFIRE with custom BIOS and 150% power limit, OC CPU to the absolute MAX, water cooling with 16+ fans, array of hard drives, pumps, fan controllers.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Yea, that's what he meant- terrible.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

When did I say that? Please learn how to read.

please learn logic. You had 3x40 inch TV's in the link and one sane man can assume that you're going to use this.

Plus I was being rather nice to you. Everyone else too, cause you really want to know what everyone thinks? 

This is one hell of a BAD BUILD even with no budget limits. Oh, joining here just to post this shit is truthfully just being an attention whore and more likely that this build is just one BIG FAT LIE

You asked for our opinion so don't go insulting those who gave their opinion. We're trying to help you here but instead you're being a huge asshole about it.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Okaaaay.. Your system was very lopsided to begin with. You're going to want to throw as much as you can for just GPU power, because a single 980 is going to struggle with 3x4k now, at low-medium settings. You are going to want to get Titan Xs if you want an actual enjoyable experience.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($799.00 @ CPL Online)

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($175.00 @ CPL Online)

Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Plus ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($347.00 @ Umart)

Storage: Crucial M550 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($279.00 @ CPL Online)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($485.00 @ CPL Online)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($131.00 @ Centre Com)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card (3-Way SLI)  ($1549.00 @ PLE Computers)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card (3-Way SLI)  ($1549.00 @ PLE Computers)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1600W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($449.00 @ CPL Online)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($125.00 @ Mwave Australia)

Monitor: Samsung U28D590D 60Hz 28.0" Monitor  ($585.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($205.00 @ Scorptec)

Other: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 F4-2133C15Q-16GRK 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 ($275.00)

Other: Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 Rev B Anthracite Case ($209.00)

Other: Audio-Technica ATH-AG1 Closed Back Gaming Headset ($249.00)

Other: SteelSeries Sensei Wireless Laser Gaming Mouse ($169.00)

Total: $10299.00

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-06 18:11 AEST+1000

You didn't read my quote properly. There's a 980GTX for each monitor.

Meh. Anyway here's the video I was referring to before.

please learn logic. You had 3x40 inch TV's in the link and one sane man can assume that you're going to use this.

Plus I was being rather nice to you. Everyone else too, cause you really want to know what everyone thinks? 

This is one hell of a BAD BUILD even with no budget limits. Oh, joining here just to post this shit is truthfully just being an attention whore and more likely that this build is just one BIG FAT LIE

You asked for our opinion so don't go insulting those who gave their opinion. We're trying to help you here but instead you're being a huge asshole about it.

I'm not here to be an attention whore. Thanks for proving how insecure/nutty you are.

I'm about to enter a rather well paid profession and I am planning to save up for this epic PC.

I'm tired of not having awesome things in my life and this is one small way of making up for it. So get over yourself....

You didn't read my quote properly. There's a 980GTX for each monitor.

Meh. Anyway here's the video I was referring to before.

TVs and Monitors are different, go for @AlwaysFSX 's build, you're getting easily 3x the performance for basically the same price. The PPI of the Samsung Monitors he recommended are a lot higher than the 40inch TVs. The TVs are only 4k 'from a distance' per se, as up close they will not be as clear as you think they would be. A 5inch 4K panel has a much sharper image than a 40inch 4K panel, heck a 5inch 720p panel will look more HD than a 40inch 4K panel at the same distance. 

If you go with the build you're planning, you will not have as good of an experience as you would with the 3x TitanX build recommended. You're getting higher end GPUs, Monitors & CPU. You'd be dumb not to go with it.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($799.00 @ CPL Online)

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($175.00 @ CPL Online)

Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Plus ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($347.00 @ Umart)

Storage: Crucial M550 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($279.00 @ CPL Online)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($485.00 @ CPL Online)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($131.00 @ Centre Com)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card (3-Way SLI)  ($1549.00 @ PLE Computers)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card (3-Way SLI)  ($1549.00 @ PLE Computers)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1600W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($449.00 @ CPL Online)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($125.00 @ Mwave Australia)

Monitor: Samsung U28D590D 60Hz 28.0" Monitor  ($585.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($205.00 @ Scorptec)

Other: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 F4-2133C15Q-16GRK 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 ($275.00)

Other: Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 Rev B Anthracite Case ($209.00)

Other: Audio-Technica ATH-AG1 Closed Back Gaming Headset ($249.00)

Other: SteelSeries Sensei Wireless Laser Gaming Mouse ($169.00)

Total: $10299.00

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-06 18:11 AEST+1000

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Titans are way too expensive and they are in limited supply in Australia. 2 Titans would be enough to drive 3 monitors...

I am not spending more than $10k.

Titans are way too expensive and they are in limited supply in Australia. 2 Titans would be enough to drive 3 monitors...

I am not spending more than $10k.

Get two then and save some money. Titans are just enough to drive one monitor with high settings.

Well none of you bothered to have a look at the video I posted.... Hooray...

Well none of you bothered to have a look at the video I posted.... Hooray...

Did you watch it ? If so then you will have noticed FarCry 4 getting 32fps. The guy even states that you would need to lower the settings to med or lower to get above 40fps which kind of defeats the object of having a 4K screen in the first place.