Help needed...

Zak32

So today, I went out and got a new PSU because I thought my old Seasonic 520W wasn't working, I got a Thermaltake Smart 630W Modular PSU, plug it in my system and it does not boot, after fiddling around with the wires, it boots but after 15 minutes or so it will automatically cut off the power, I can still turn on my PC but it will just cut power after a few minutes... So i decided to take apart everything in my PC, created a makeshift testbench and my PC boots, then I put back it in my casing, it just did not boot no matter what I do, now I took it all apart and put it on my makeshift test bench but I tried powering on my PC I can't get any signal from my GPU to my monitor, but if I remove my GPU and plug in my HDMI to my motherboard there is display, I look at the BIOS and the graphic adapter is already set it PCIE. The real problem I have now is whenever I plug in my GPU I can't seem to boot my PC, none of the fans will turn on, only SOMETIMES the CPU fan will turn on and spin but as usual no display from my GPU, removing the card and plugging in through my motherboard works, everything works. Sorry for the long post but I spend 9 hours trying to figure this out.. Do I have a bad GPU? Motherboard? Also I find it weird that whenever I put together my system in the casing, it refuses to boot and if it boots, I can't get any signal from the GPU to my monitor and my USB peripherals don't light up at all, but when I put it to my makeshift test bench it can boot easily. Sorry if my english is not that great.

Specs:

Intel Pentium G2030

8GB RAM

1TB Seagate Barracuda

Palit GTX 650 Ti Boost 1GB

Thermaltake 630W '

Coolermaster K280

Intel i5 3470 | Palit GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 | 8GB Crucial Memory 1600MHZ | Crucial M500 120GB SSD | 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk | Thermaltake Smart SE 630W PSU | Sharkoon Tauron

there is a tons of things that could of happend to the PC you should

-reset bios

-borrow  ram from a friend and ttry it on your system

-borrow  GPU from a friend and ttry it on your system

-Cry.

-get a new PC

-as you can tell im slowly running out of ideas

-I'm Batman

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

there is a tons of things that could of happend to the PC you should

-reset bios

-borrow  ram from a friend and ttry it on your system

-borrow  GPU from a friend and ttry it on your system

-Cry.

-get a new PC

-as you can tell im slowly running out of ideas

-I'm Batman

You ran out of ideas pretty quickly... premature e.. batman?

You ran out of ideas pretty quickly... premature e.. batman?

fukin robin hacked in to my pc again... sorry guys (actually im just lazy)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

@Zak32 Topic starter.

This story is confusing

What did you do and when?

I'm not gonna un-puzzel your story, its to badly written.

Try writing it in:

Scenario - situation: I built the motherboard etc, in the computer case

Problem: when starting the pc it fails during the Power On Self Test process.

or
Problem: I can't access the BIOS, or can't boot an operating system from HDD/SSD

Problem description: What do you see, what works and what doesn't?

The fans turn on? which fans, how long? Do you hear beeps? how many ? fast short fast?

Try to make it more insightfull, especially what happens, when and when you do what.

This help us troubleshoot better..

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

Ok, so after doing some stuff, the computer can now be turn on but...

Problem: Turn on the PC, no display, fans does spin, my mouse and keyboard doesn't seem to get power cause there were no LEDs on them. Have cleared my CMOS, reseat my RAM. The PC was working when it was outside the casing.

Intel i5 3470 | Palit GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 | 8GB Crucial Memory 1600MHZ | Crucial M500 120GB SSD | 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk | Thermaltake Smart SE 630W PSU | Sharkoon Tauron

Ok, so after doing some stuff the computer can now be turn on but...

Problem: Turn on the PC, no display, fans does spin, my mouse and keyboard doesn't seem to get power cause there were no LEDs on them. Have cleared my CMOS, reseat my RAM. The PC was working when it was outside the casing.

You have your motherboard grounded to something somewhere then, check your I/O Panel, some I/O  Panel's have little teeth that attatch to the top of your ports ontop of your motherboard, make sure you got none of those little teeth inside the ports, also take out the motherboard then before you put the screw in to put it back in, put rubber washers (rubbers non conductive, so should not harm anything) ontop of your stand offs then screw in your motherboard

You have your motherboard grounded to something somewhere then, check your I/O Panel, some I/O  Panel's have little teeth that attatch to the top of your ports ontop of your motherboard, make sure you got none of those little teeth inside the ports, also take out the motherboard then before you put the screw in to put it back in, put rubber washers (rubbers non conductive, so should not harm anything) ontop of your stand offs then screw in your motherboard

The I/O panel teeth are not touch any of the ports though, I don't have any rubber washers to try..

The I/O panel teeth are not touch any of the ports though, I don't have any rubber washers to try..

Ok, then my suggestion is wait until you can get to any local hardware shop, even a place like Walmart probably sells them, and by a few rubber washers, their not expensive at all.

Ok, then my suggestion is wait until you can get to any local hardware shop, even a place like Walmart probably sells them, and by a few rubber washers, their not expensive at all.

I think the problem is really my casing, something is shorting out cause now I have my PC up and running, what i did was, remove 2 of the standoff screws nearer to the I/O port and voila my PC is running but I can't be possibly be happy with this though. Maybe I'll try and get a new case. And the shorting could be caused by the extra standoff I placed cause I look at the casing manual for the micro-atx stand off location, there is one extra standoff that does not have a hole in the motherboard, maybe that is what causing it to short?

I think the problem is really my casing, something is shorting out cause now I have my PC up and running, what i did was, remove 2 of the standoff screws nearer to the I/O port and voila my PC is running but I can't be possibly be happy with this though. Maybe I'll try and get a new case. And the shorting could be caused by the extra standoff I placed cause I look at the casing manual for the micro-atx stand off location, there is one extra standoff that does not have a hole in the motherboard, maybe that is what causing it to short?

Ok but get a cheap case like a 30 dollar case, just until you know its working in a different case, you dont want to go out and spend a 100 dollars on a case get home install everything and doesnt work.