PC For My Mum

Hey guys,
As you can see in the title, my mum's getting a new Pc. Now it's your turn to tell me the components you'd use. It's gonna be importing music from CDs to iTunes and downloading some music. I thought about some b85-mainboard an i3 or something, there's no need for RAM seeing that I have 2 Sticks of 2 GB DDR3 lying around and there is an older AMD Card for that time around 150 bucks.
Can you suggest something? Should be pretty cheap. No need to spend a crap ton of money on that build lol

Edited by Glenwing
Caps lock removed from title

G3220 and a H81 motherboard, That would be everything needed, I doubt she will be using something that uses more than 2 threads.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($41.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $94.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-04 11:16 EDT-0400

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I would recommend a laptop for something like they, because if processing power isn't an issue. The portability will be nice

an i3 and a b85 would be more than enough for basic use. i'd suggest the pentium but for the money that hyperthreading would be nice to have. you wouldn't even need a graphics card at all with that rig. the only reason to put one in would be to play games (not facebook games) so you don't even need to worry about that.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

I would recommend a laptop for something like they, because if processing power isn't an issue. The portability will be nice

I second this, mothers generally would prefer something that only gets brought out when needed, rather than the sacred shrine to gaming that many of our desks are.

I join this recommendation as well. You can get a decent laptop for around $400 or less that'll do whatever she wants and still have plenty of storage space. No point in building a desktop when there are very suitable laptops available. Just take her to Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and a few other places, and have her look at what's available. You know what she needs and what she's going to be doing, so you can keep them from talking her up to something higher.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

I second this, mothers generally would prefer something that only gets brought out when needed, rather than the sacred shrine to gaming that many of our desks are.

I join this recommendation as well. You can get a decent laptop for around $400 or less that'll do whatever she wants and still have plenty of storage space. No point in building a desktop when there are very suitable laptops available. Just take her to Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and a few other places, and have her look at what's available. You know what she needs and what she's going to be doing, so you can keep them from talking her up to something higher.

Guys you need to remember that this option is still a lot more expensive than the soltuion he was going for. His solution would of cost him about 120$ without taxes

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Just get a pentium and a h81 motherboard or soemthing like that

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

G3258 and H81 motherboard. Done.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

G3258 and H81 motherboard. Done.

This, but get ITX, put in small case like Silverstone Sugo 05/06 and you have small, powerfull and upgradable PC fot your mum.

Intel i7 2600 @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI Z77-GD55 | Crucial 16 GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz | Intel 330 SSD 180Gb | Western Digital Black 1Tb | Western Digital Green 2Tb | Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti | OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W | Thermaltake Commander MS-I case | OS X Yosemite | Dell Vostro 3550 Windows 10

Intel Xeon 1230 V2 | Gigabyte GA-H61M-S | Kingston 4Gb RAM 1333Mhz | Seagate 1TB  | Fractial Design Arc mini | Windows 10