GPU question

CreepX

Out of just those two, go with the Gigabyte Radeon R9 280x :)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

The 280x will perform faster than the 960 even though it has lesser vram. 

Definitely pick the 280x.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Out of just those two, go with the Gigabyte Radeon R9 280x :)

My Gigabyte R9 280x is killer. Really. I run all current games at 1080p with very high settings with over 45 fps. Really satisfied with this card.

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

This topic has been put up so many times ;

The 280x > GTX 960 > R9 280

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

What makes the GTX 960 better for recording games ?

What makes the GTX 960 better for recording games ?

Simple explanation....Shadowplay. It's built into GeForce experience and allows video encoding with very little overhead. 

Simple explanation....Shadowplay. It's built into GeForce experience and allows video encoding with very little overhead. 

I would still not use it over dxtory lol

and if you're serious about youtube , don't get a 960 , you shouldn't be playing games at medium

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Well I am not planning to start a youtube channel , but I was just wondering why is the 960 better for reecording , now I know thanks , so the best long term investment is the 280X , but if the prices go down until July , what about Palit GeForce GTX 970 4GB DDR5 256-bit [JetStream] , is it a lot better than the 280X ?

Well I am not planning to start a youtube channel , but I was just wondering why is the 960 better for reecording , now I know thanks , so the best long term investment is the 280X , but if the prices go down until July , what about Palit GeForce GTX 970 4GB DDR5 256-bit [JetStream] , is it a lot better than the 280X ?

If you are gaming on 1080p a 970 is not really needed. In terms of fps gain there will be some but not a substantial amount.

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

Between the 280x and the 970, I'd get the 970.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Thanks a lot for help , I will come with an update to this forum (Not this section ) when I will be ready to buy the pc to ask for opinions .

I would still not use it over dxtory lol

and if you're serious about youtube , don't get a 960 , you shouldn't be playing games at medium

Agreed. Shadowplay is fast and convenient, but not for serious use.

Wait until next month when the Fiji cards are supposed to launch. You could probably buy a 290 for the price of a 280x now

Z77A-G43 LGA 1155, Intel I5 3450s, Radeon R9 290 (non-X), Cooler Master V750 Gold (750W) PSU, 2x4GB Ripjaws X 1866 MHz, 1x4 Crucial 1866 MHz, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, Thor V2 Full-tower Case, Acer 1920x1080 Monitor

I will certainly wait , as I said most likely will buy it in July

So let's say the prices go down and I will be able to afford a 290 or a Gtx 970 , which one of those 2 is better? I know the GTX 970 has a lower power cossumption but which one has the best price/performance ratio ? As they have almost the same price here in Romania .

So let's say the prices go down and I will be able to afford a 290 or a Gtx 970 , which one of those 2 is better? I know the GTX 970 has a lower power cossumption but which one has the best price/performance ratio ? As they have almost the same price here in Romania .

The 970 would be faster than the 290... Unless you're talking about the 290x.

Yeah , the 290X , I checked the price and it seems it has the same price as a GTX 970 , so which one is better the 290X or the GTX 970?

Yeah , the 290X , I checked the price and it seems it has the same price as a GTX 970 , so which one is better the 290X or the GTX 970?

Quote me when you reply yea?

Anw, It depends on what resolution you intend to play at. 1080p will be dominated by the 970 and the 290x will be faster in higher resolutions.  

Oh and if you mod skyrim the 290x would be preferred. What versions of the 290x and the 970 are available?

Quote me when you reply yea?

Anw, It depends on what resolution you intend to play at. 1080p will be dominated by the 970 and the 290x will be faster in higher resolutions.  

Oh and if you mod skyrim the 290x would be preferred. What versions of the 290x and the 970 are available?

SUS Radeon R9 290X 4GB GDDR5 512-bit and  Palit GeForce GTX 970 4GB DDR5 256-bit [JetStream] these 2 GPUs are the cheapest versions (The most afordable)

SUS Radeon R9 290X 4GB GDDR5 512-bit and  Palit GeForce GTX 970 4GB DDR5 256-bit [JetStream] these 2 GPUs are the cheapest versions (The most afordable)

Between this two, get the palit 970. 290x with stock blower style cooler is a big nono.

Between this two, get the palit 970. 290x with stock blower style cooler is a big nono.

Hmm , the cooler is the only downfall of the 290x?

Hmm , the cooler is the only downfall of the 290x?

Yes. And a very big one at that.