On the WiFi: I know there are only 3 non-overlapping channels: 1, 6 and 11

But what if they are all heavily used? Is it better to pick something like channel 8 or 9 in this case?

Usually this is not recommended. the wifi devices tend to work cooperatively so two access points on the same channel will share the channel capacity. This is better than adjacent channel interference (when your router uses channel 8 while the others use channel 6 and 11).

But of course it depends on a lot of things so this is just a rule of thumb. In fact, you should measure the effective bandwidth using different settings. Just a tip if you want to measure the wifi bandwidth: you can use my wifi speed test app. (internet speed test apps test your internet access that is slower than the wifi mostly)

• 3 years later...
On 5/3/2015 at 1:39 AM, Daniele M said:

Look at that! A house made of concrete! Welcome to NOT America.

Yeah. My studio in Sydney Australia was bricks and Concrete. It was like a cave, but a cave with windows on 3 sides.

On 5/3/2015 at 2:07 AM, Nexxus said:

Linus dont know shit about overlapping channel use.

zZoMyJt.jpg

I might have to look into 5ghz lol

Wish there was an app this good for IOS. I searched and it looks like a lot of people are also searching for it. There may be some options if you're jailbroken, but otherwise nothing with a graph like this.

1 hour ago, CineDependent said:

Wish there was an app this good for IOS. I searched and it looks like a lot of people are also searching for it. There may be some options if you're jailbroken, but otherwise nothing with a graph like this.

Holy fucking thread necro brah.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit