AMD FX9590 Review

tabuburn

I still think Sandy Bridge was the last great Intel unless they get their act together and solder Haswell instead of that shit excuse for thermal paste

Who knows, without actual competition against them I guess they can do whatever they want because people will still buy it. Keep in mind the enthusiast market is a small fraction of their total profit. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Who knows, without actual competition against them I guess they can do whatever they want because people will still buy it. Keep in mind the enthusiast market is a small fraction of their total profit. 

Good point, I wish I was running Intel because someone would be getting a kicked arse

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

If AMD don't get a grip soon I can't see how they'll stay in the CPU market in the medium to long term by making shit like that, in my opinion it isn't the way to fight.

It's ok, the enthusiast market is shrinking. I'd say they sell FAR more chips in the low-mid end range (low power laptops), and they also get an insane amount of money from Sony, M$ and Nintendo.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

doesn't cinebench optimize AMD processors unequally? 

That;s true, that's why it's completely ridiculous to evaluate an AMD processor based on a cinebench score.