League of Legends Pros are Athletes?

League Pro gamers are Athletes now :DDD

"The United States government recognizes League of Legends pro players as professional athletes, and awards Visas to essentially work in the United States under that title. So this is groundbreaking for eSports. Now when [international players] come over, it's a much easier process because they are actually recognized by the government. It's a huge thing."

Source= http://www.tweaktown.com/news/31685/the-us-government-declares-professional-league-of-legends-gamers-as-athletes/index.html

Yeah I think athlete is the wrong word, by definition. Though I do think they should be recognized (just like Golf players, Nascar drivers, and Chess champions). 

athlete [ˈæθliːt]
n
1. (Individual Sports & Recreations / Athletics (Track & Field)) a person trained to compete in sports or exercises involving physical strength, speed, or endurance
2. a person who has a natural aptitude for physical activities
3. (Individual Sports & Recreations / Athletics (Track & Field)) Chiefly Brit a competitor in track and field events

ath•lete (ˈæθ lit) 

n.

a person trained or gifted in exercises or contests involving physical agility, coordination, stamina, or strength.

Definition of ATHLETE
: a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina

I cant wait to watch the Olympics in Rio League players on the stage for the whole time an interesting olympic sport :3 

Well I know that chess players are treated the same...

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Yeah I think athlete is the wrong word, by definition. Though I do think they should be recognized (just like Golf players, Nascar drivers, and Chess champions). 

I think the world is adapting and words or definitions change with that. For the most part it does make sense. I think the word Athlete is going to be changing by definition here soon in a few years to adapt to what the world is becoming.

They train in speed and endurance. They practice hard every day and must have the reflexes and speed to keep up with the competition.

Look at the time stamps this one was first.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I think the world is adapting and words or definitions change with that. For the most part it does make sense. I think the word Athlete is going to be changing by definition here soon in a few years to adapt to what the world is becoming.

They train in speed and endurance. They practice hard every day and must have the reflexes and speed to keep up with the competition.

Theres a difference between AM and PM

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

Theres a difference between AM and PM

Well than I am wrong on this than

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I totally agree, I'm just saying by current definition they are not "athletes". I use to argue back when I played Halo 2 in MLG tournaments that we should be considered "athletes". However people always brought up the fact that by definition this wasn't true in the least, and thusly I changed my opinion. I never really go against fact, and the fact is pro gamers do not currently fall under the definition of athlete. I encourage a change to the definition, however. 

I totally agree, I'm just saying by current definition they are not "athletes". I use to argue back when I played Halo 2 in MLG tournaments that we should be considered "athletes". However people always brought up the fact that by definition this wasn't true in the least, and thusly I changed my opinion. I never really go against fact, and the fact is pro gamers do not currently fall under the definition of athlete. I encourage a change to the definition, however. 

Well I think your third definition describes these gamers as athletes

Definition of ATHLETE

: a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina

They are trained and skilled in games requiring agility and stamina.

Well I think your third definition describes these gamers as athletes

Definition of ATHLETE

They are trained and skilled in games requiring agility and stamina.

I don't believe this is true what so ever, I have no agility or stamina and literally was considered professional during the Halo 2 era. I have amazing hand eye coordination, but I wouldn't necessarily consider that agility. I can see the argument there, but definitely not stamina. 

Some starcraft 2 players play daily for 6+ hours, I would say that is stamina. You are doing an activity for a long period of time. It might not be what you think of with more active sports like soccer but it is technically still stamina.

It's not the same type of agility, strength, or stamina that a football player or soccer player has but it is still technically those things. Physical strength though doesn't make a major difference in the game but I do believe the other 2 do just not in the same way as the more traditional sports.

But I do believe it does need a definition change to include eports and other sports like chess and racing.