Asus vs Gigabyte motherboard!

Go to solution Solved by blackadder,

hi,

i would go with gigabyte, just because it has more fan headers. either board should do fine as long as it meets your needs and goes with you color choice

i saw the newegg had a updated version of the asus, not sure if in india though.

Looking at the reviews, the asus one comes with updated BIOS.

I don't know about the other one, it should but I don't know how gigabyte works in India

This is a signature.

hi,

i would go with gigabyte, just because it has more fan headers. either board should do fine as long as it meets your needs and goes with you color choice

i saw the newegg had a updated version of the asus, not sure if in india though.

If you don't overclock then I wouldn't suggest getting Z97 motherboards, they are made for overclocking and if you don't overclock then the motherboard don't use its full potential.

If I were you I'd choose cheaper option, so ASUS one, cheaper option but still good. But when I see GIGABYTE's specs it has more, but cost more, so it's up to you. If you want more features then I'd suggest going with GIGABYTE.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

i would go with the Gigabyte this time, asside from that i personaly dont like Gigabyte boards atall.

The Asus has vrm´s and mosfet overheating issues.

hi,

Should I just get the ""Gigabyte B85M-D3H"" or any more specific model no ! As the first review on amazon is confusing!

Should I just get the ""Gigabyte B85M-D3H"" or any more specific model no ! As the first review on amazon is confusing!

i would still get it, if it turns up doa, Amazon is very good with returns.

Well the Gigabyte has 2 physical x16 slots, while the Asus only has 1 but has 2 physical x1 slots. A GPU eats up 2 slots so with the Asus you're left with a PCIe x1. On the Gigabyte, you're left with a PCI and a physical x16. Go with the Gigabyte, better upgrade path in terms of card expansion.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I actually have a B85M-D3H, it's a very well made board, the VRM is solid and mine came with the latest BIOS: (can overvolt Vcore to 1.8v, cool for overclocking).

Fan control works ok through the BIOS, and the BIOS is user friendly + I like the 8 pins CPU power connector...