Android Devices

Albatross
Go to solution Solved by gojira,

Moto G Boost Mobile: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOTO-G-8GB-Black-Boost-Mobile-Smartphone-/151667533065?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item235016e509

I have Republic Wireless's Moto G and can say it's a terrificly performing phone for music/media at its price point. This is a $100+ phone off contract, but for whatever reason Boost Mobile sells it for so little.

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy an Android device (budget around 40-50$, but the cheapest you can get, that'd be awesome), one that will allow me to do two things: put music on it and be able to play Android apps, like Final Fantasy Record Keeper and Final Fantasy VI (Bluestacks is awesome but it is pretty buggy right now) or the like. I don't use phones, I don't need awesome camera specs or whatnot, so I really only need it for the above purposes. :)

I have no idea what to look for, what the general price for such a thing would be and what would be the best among them. I don't even know if what I want is possible of an Android phone and only possible for tablets, or even possible for my budget. So if anyone could provide this newbie with some suggestions or insight (and what budget would allow this need), that would be awesome! plus I'll like your post haha

Thanks LTT pals! ^_^

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You could probably check out the off brand ghetto Android tablets.

Just make sure they support the Play Store, not all do.

At that price you'd be better off checking out the used market. Perhaps save up a bit and get a Galaxy Tab or one of the Dell Android tablets.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Location? Is this on/off contract?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Moto G Boost Mobile: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOTO-G-8GB-Black-Boost-Mobile-Smartphone-/151667533065?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item235016e509

I have Republic Wireless's Moto G and can say it's a terrificly performing phone for music/media at its price point. This is a $100+ phone off contract, but for whatever reason Boost Mobile sells it for so little.

junker build in the making

good luck..anything worth buying starts at 100$

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Thank you all for the prompt replies! :wub:

You could probably check out the off brand ghetto Android tablets.

Just make sure they support the Play Store, not all do.

At that price you'd be better off checking out the used market. Perhaps save up a bit and get a Galaxy Tab or one of the Dell Android tablets.

How would I make sure they support it? It would state so in the specs, right? If I go ghetto brand, what should I look out for in terms of quality?

If that is what it takes at my budget, then I guess I will just have to save up (at that point I'll get something even better though) but I was really hoping to score something simple yet good enough for my needs real soon. The reality of life sure does suck... :(

Location? Is this on/off contract?

Sorry, made the edit to my original post.

I'm not sure what that means, I've never owned a phone before. :blush: Does it mean the phone being tied to AT&T/etc and if so, why does it matter/what are the benefits it?

Sweetness, thank you! I do love the look of Motorola devices (So want the Moto X). Hate ebay but I will need to get over that, apparently.

edit

What's the difference if I buy a Verizon prepaid no-contracts or Boost Mobile no-contracts? Verizon is telling me that even if I buy the no-contracts version I still need a plan to use it for app installation or putting music on it. I think they might be taking advantage of my ignorance... :(

Just get a windows tablet

*gets shot*

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 and I hate it so I'd rather not get another Windows device. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Thank you all for the prompt replies! :wub:

How would I make sure they support it? It would state so in the specs, right? If I go ghetto brand, what should I look out for in terms of quality?

If that is what it takes at my budget, then I guess I will just have to save up (at that point I'll get something even better though) but I was really hoping to score something simple yet good enough for my needs real soon. The reality of life sure does suck... :(

Sorry, made the edit to my original post.

I'm not sure what that means, I've never owned a phone before. :blush: Does it mean the phone being tied to AT&T/etc and if so, why does it matter/what are the benefits it?

Sweetness, thank you! I do love the look of Motorola devices (So want the Moto X). Hate ebay but I will need to get over that, apparently.

edit

What's the difference if I buy a Verizon prepaid no-contracts or Boost Mobile no-contracts? Verizon is telling me that even if I buy the no-contracts version I still need a plan to use it for app installation or putting music on it. I think they might be taking advantage of my ignorance... :(

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 and I hate it so I'd rather not get another Windows device. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au0hIW-mTjc

Here's this!

junker build in the making

Personally I don't think it's wise to buy low end phones. They usually have some unforgiving compromises, they're obsolete within weeks for months, and have little to no support. I don't know how demanding those games are, but if they're somewhat demanding, it's best to get a more powerful phone.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Here's this!

Thank you for the very clear video! I definitely think I'm going to get the Moto G. :)

Does unlocking just allow the phone to use any service provider?

Personally I don't think it's wise to buy low end phones. They usually have some unforgiving compromises, they're obsolete within weeks for months, and have little to no support. I don't know how demanding those games are, but if they're somewhat demanding, it's best to get a more powerful phone.

I don't mind obsolete like that. I don't intend to use the phone the way most people do but yea, I do need a phone that will play the games. However, it appears that the Moto G is more than capable from what I have been reading about it. :)

I have never heard of Blu before but those are some nice looking phones! They are a bit over budget though. :(