Graphics Card issues Vol. 2

Toxiic
Go to solution Solved by CostcoSamples,

If there are no problems with stability at factory settings, you can't claim warranty.  overclocking is not a guaranteed feature.

Hi again. I have done some testing and it seems that the fault with my 970 is when ever I overclock it, it becomes un-stable (even just +1 on anything) and crashes after a certain amount of time. I personally have no clue why this happens and believe it is down to the card being faulty. If this is the case, would you recommend sending it back and claiming my warranty or just biting the bullet and live with it.

Thanks a bunch! :D

:)

When you say "crashes all the time..." do you mean it tells you the display driver has stopped responding?

HydrOS (Waterworks 3.0) Pictures: // One // Two // Three

i7 5820k @ 4.3GHz (1.165v) // Asus X99-A // 16GB-DDR4 Vengeance 2400 CAS13 // RAID 0 Intel 730 240GB // Nvidia Titan X (+200Core +500Memory) // Swiftech D5 // ASUS ROG SWIFT

If the card is stable in normal use, then the card is not faulty. This could be down to the silicon lottery, have you tried increasing voltages?

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

Hi again. I have done some testing and it seems that the fault with my 970 is when ever I overclock it, it becomes un-stable (even just +1 on anything) and crashes after a certain amount of time. I personally have no clue why this happens and believe it is down to the card being faulty. If this is the case, would you recommend sending it back and claiming my warranty or just biting the bullet and live with it.

Thanks a bunch! :D

I don't think that you can get a replacement, because you can not overclock it. GPUs are not meant to get overclocked by the enduser. I don't know if that's the case still, but overclocking can even void your warranty.

At the end it depends on you, if you need the overclock or not.

When you say "crashes all the time..." do you mean it tells you the display driver has stopped responding?

Mostly yes but sometimes it just refuses to do anything past that point and I have to reboot my pc. 

If the card is stable in normal use, then the card is not faulty. This could be down to the silicon lottery, have you tried increasing voltages?

I have tried that yes, but it didnt help.

:)

Mostly yes but sometimes it just refuses to do anything past that point and I have to reboot my pc. 

I have tried that yes, but it didnt help.

Why do you even need to overclock your 970 anyway, surely it is enough for your needs?

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

I'd have thought the 970 would be sufficient for most people's needs! I'm running a 660 and it's usually using CUDA in Premiere Pro or being given a hard time in games, never really makes too much of a fuss!  :P

If there are no problems with stability at factory settings, you can't claim warranty.  overclocking is not a guaranteed feature.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build