First water-cooling build!

My first water-cooling experience. Fully cutom, fully from EK. I've got a couple of questions but here are the parts first:

Parts to be watercooled: Intel Core i7 5960X, 2 Titan X SLI (ASUS)

Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D

Radiators: 2 EK-CoolStorm 480mm, 1 EK-CoolStorm 360mm

Radiator fans: 6x (12total) Corsair SP120 Performance Series

Resevoirs: 2x EK-RES X3 250ml

GPU Blocks: 2x EK-FX Titan X Blocks

Coolant: EK-Koolant EVO UV Blue 1L

Pumps: 2x XTop D5 Vario (One for CPU, other is for the 2 GPUs)

CPU Block: EK- Supermacy Acetal (for 5960x)

Tubing: 3m Primochill PrimeFlex 12.7/9.5mm

Fittings: EK-HFB 13mm (18 parts)

The Questions are:

1) Are the fittings enough for the parts, or there should be more, and why?

2) Do the parts match? And if there's a mismatch please state where?

3) Does Resevoirs fit on the Pumps directly? As if I could fit the res on top of the pump for a combo or do I need mounts?

4) Is there any part missing or insufficient, coolant, liquid, fittings or anything else! Thanks very much!

Personally, I prefer Caselabs's cases for larger watercooling projects - but the 900D is good too.

As for Watercooling, You'll need a Block for each Titan X and the CPU, I recommend just putting the 2 420mm Radiators in the basement of the 900D and leaving it at that, the pump can power all systems (do you specifically want seperate loops?), You'll also only need 1 Res if you're going for a single loop.

As for your fittings, You'll need 2 fittings between each part, so:

CPU -> GPU1 = 2
GPU1 -> GPU2 = 2

GPU2 -> Radiator1 = 2

Radiator1 -> Radiator 2 = 2

Radiator 2 -> Reservoir = 2

Res -> Pump = 2
Pump -> CPU = 2

That is a total of 14 Fittings. Your Coolant & Tubing look to be fine!

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Good god, how much is going to cost, and where is all this money going to come from?!

Anywho, you need 2 fittings for each component (water blocks, pump, reservoir, rads. Do not include fittings for liquid, fans, or tubing) Speaking of fittings, if you have so much cash, I recommend you get compression fittings so that it looks nice and you'll have a smaller chance of leakage.

I don't think you really need 2 pumps, if one's strong enough, it'll hold up for the entire thing.

Make sure the ID of the tubing is the same as the OD of the fittings.

Since you're WCing the GPUs, I recommend you keep those coolers that came with the GPUs, in case you need to RMA or sell them. Also take pics so you remember which screws go where, as it might be years before you put the cooler back together....

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

My first water-cooling experience. Fully cutom, fully from EK. I've got a couple of questions but here are the parts first:

Parts to be watercooled: Intel Core i7 5960X, 2 Titan X SLI (ASUS)

Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D

Radiators: 2 EK-CoolStorm 420mm, 1 EK-CoolStorm 360mm

Radiator fans: 6x (12total) Corsair SP120 Performance Series

Resevoirs: 2x EK-RES X3 250ml

GPU Blocks: 2x EK-FX Titan X Blocks

Coolant: EK-Koolant EVO UV Blue 1L

Pumps: 2x XTop D5 Vario (One for CPU, other is for the 2 GPUs)

CPU Block: EK- Supermacy Acetal (for 5960x)

Tubing: 3m Primochill PrimeFlex 12.7/9.5mm

Fittings: EK-HFB 13mm (18 parts)

The Questions are:

1) Are the fittings enough for the parts, or there should be more, and why?

2) Do the parts match? And if there's a mismatch please state where?

3) Does Resevoirs fit on the Pumps directly? As if I could fit the res on top of the pump for a combo or do I need mounts?

4) Is there any part missing or insufficient, coolant, liquid, fittings or anything else! Thanks very much!

For the 420 radiator you will need 140mm fans and not 120mm fans, so you will need 3x 140mm and 3x 120mm. Fittings depend on how you do your runs. The vario will either need a pump top or the reservoir will need a D5 pump bottom. Once you are using compression fittings you will want the tubing to match the fitting size exactly to avoid leaks and to make sure the compression ring is allowed to properly be tightened. If i were you i would add some silver coils or monsoon silver bullets for the reservoir.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

One comment at a time.

ThatCoolBlueKidd: I wouldn't mind CaseLabs, especially the SMA8 but I'm not very familiar with their cases and dealt with Corsair for a couple of times.

The 2-loops is just a matter of looks, I know it would do nothing better if I would do it as one loop but it would look nice. I don't think it would look good if made a pump/res combo with one res and seperated the other.

Grayblizzard: It indeed is.

Fgtfv567: Pumps are a matter of looks as for no, trying to make seperate looks. I'm going to take a look at the compression fittings and the matching between the tubing and fittings and report right back. I will also keep the coolers. Thanks for the heads-up!

Leonard: Sorry, I meant 480mm. I'm going to edit that right away. I'm in a Nokia C3 so it really is bad for web surfing (or anything :( )

[quote name="Fgtfv567" post="4864640" timestamp="1430496740"‎‏[‏

Make sure the ID of the tubing is the same as the OD of the fittings.

The ID of the tubing is 9.5mm but the OD of a fatting in EK's site says 20.8mm.. So I guess I should look for other fittings.

The ID of the tubing is 9.5mm but the OD of a fatting in EK's site says 20.8mm.. So I guess I should look for other fittings.

If the ID is smaller than the OD, that'll still work, however it'll be much more difficult and tedious to get the tubing installed. The tubing will be much more tight against fittings however

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

One comment at a time.

ThatCoolBlueKidd: I wouldn't mind CaseLabs, especially the SMA8 but I'm not very familiar with their cases and dealt with Corsair for a couple of times.

The 2-loops is just a matter of looks, I know it would do nothing better if I would do it as one loop but it would look nice. I don't think it would look good if made a pump/res combo with one res and seperated the other.

Grayblizzard: It indeed is.

Fgtfv567: Pumps are a matter of looks as for no, trying to make seperate looks. I'm going to take a look at the compression fittings and the matching between the tubing and fittings and report right back. I will also keep the coolers. Thanks for the heads-up!

Leonard: Sorry, I meant 480mm. I'm going to edit that right away. I'm in a Nokia C3 so it really is bad for web surfing (or anything :( )

You're going for 2 loops? I wouldn't do that personally, but whatever floats your boat... Hell you have the money for it...

I found a fitting of 22mm OD. Would it be more suitable if I went with 11mm ID tubing?

And also why 2-loops aren't recommended

I found a fitting of 22mm OD. Would it be more suitable if I went with 11mm ID tubing?

And also why 2-loops aren't recommended

Remember to quote...

Might be fine, I don't know, but it'll still be a little tough.

I don't like 2 loops as you'd need to pay more for a second reservoir, radiator, and pump...

Remember to quote...

Might be fine, I don't know, but it'll still be a little tough.

I don't like 2 loops as you'd need to pay more for a second reservoir, radiator, and pump...

I will ask the others and report back. As in for the dual loops, it's a matter of looks and I'd like it to look as good as how it performs.