Gigabyte GTX 970 - Screen Tearing

Simons

Hello guys,

So I've noticed recently that I got some decent/a lot of screen tearing, and I have tried looking around for a fix, does anyone know a fix for the problem?

I have tried turning ''vertical sync'' to both ''on'' or ''adaptive'', this problem appears on both of my monitors no matter what I do, mostly happens in movies, thats where its most noticed, its there in games as well, but not as noticeable atleast.

Monitor 1: Syncmaster SA350 60Hz

Monitor 2: Syncmaster 2233 120Hz

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

Try limiting frames to whichever monitor refresh rate your using at the time..

It's possible (not come across it myself) that the different refresh rates are causing an issue.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Even at 60Hz refresh rates this happens, I tried turning it up to 120Hz to see if any difference, but still the same problem.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

Anyone?

What game? Gta gives me crazy frame tearing. Does it happen on another monitor? Just a question dont know where to go with it if it does.

This happens everywhere, even when watching a YouTube video, or watching videos on Hulu Plus, its beyond frustrating to watch.

This happens everywhere, even when watching a YouTube video, or watching videos on Hulu Plus, its beyond frustrating to watch.

even at 30 fps?

Dang....that is weird. Your 2D acceleration seems to be borked. That is what the card is supposed to be doing in movies and such. I've also seen it if the drivers get broke and something isn't working right.

I suppose you could try a clean install of the drivers as a test.

even at 30 fps?

I assume you mean 24 fps? But yes.

Further more, my drivers for the GFX is up to date.

I assume you mean 24 fps? But yes.

Further more, my drivers for the GFX is up to date.

was thinking youtube did 30 eh o well. I woukd go with the 2d problem said above.

But how do I fix that problem ?

But how do I fix that problem ?

reinstall drivers i guess, use cc cleaner to make sure any old drivers are gone. Have you messed around in afterburner or nvidia inspector it make have setting for 2d. I have never had this problem so im not 100% sure.

I have only turned on MSI Afterburner, never messed around with it, as my CPU is bottle necking pretty hard with this setup.

PS: Where in CCleaner do you find the ''remove drivers''?

I have only turned on MSI Afterburner, never messed around with it, as my CPU is bottle necking pretty hard with this setup.

im sure it was fine before the 970? Did you un install the drivers and delete amd software if you had it. Could be your cpu now that you say its a bottleneck but, i know nothing about this. Have a look in afterburner.

I have reinstalled my windows for not so long ago, this was probably 4+ months after the upgrade, it has probably had screen tearing before, without me noticing it too much.

PS: Where in CCleaner do you find the ''remove drivers''?

whoops cc cleaner is mostly for registery erors. Ddu i think is the driver remover. Let me check. Cc cleaner does alot. Yep, ddu uninstaller in good, 1st result from 3dguru.

You can also just use the "clean install" option in the Nvidia driver installer. Removes most of the junk.

was thinking youtube did 30 eh o well. I woukd go with the 2d problem said above.

Youtube does do 30 or 60, never 24.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

You can also just use the "clean install" option in the Nvidia driver installer. Removes most of the junk.

Youtube does do 30 or 60, never 24.

I know Hulu Plus atleast displays videos in 24 FPS, thought YouTube was the same at default.