What Would You Change for This Build?

Hello! I've been planning a $900 (can stretch to $950 if needed but not preferred) (including Manitoba taxes) Mini-ITX build for some time now and it's come to the point where it's almost time to buy (1 month or so)!

So I'm wondering what you guys would change and what you would keep.

I shop at Memory Express because I can't order things online and it's close. :(

If you're wondering why Z97 with a locked CPU it's because the board has Wi-Fi and I've used MSI boards before, and future upgrades possibly.

I'm purchasing the GTX 770 used.

Will the 450W power supply be enough for a GTX 770, and how would I power it because I only have 1 8-pin?

Thank you guys!

Forgot the link :)http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/QvNXGX

you could power it with a molex to pcie adapter but  the psu will probaply be not enough

Hello! I've been planning a $900 (can stretch to $950 if needed but not preferred) (including Manitoba taxes) Mini-ITX build for some time now and it's come to the point where it's almost time to buy (1 month or so)!

So I'm wondering what you guys would change and what you would keep.

I shop at Memory Express because I can't order things online and it's close. :(

If you're wondering why Z97 with a locked CPU it's because the board has Wi-Fi and I've used MSI boards before, and future upgrades possibly.

I'm purchasing the GTX 770 used.

Will the 450W power supply be enough for a GTX 770, and how would I power it because I only have 1 8-pin?

Thank you guys!

Forgot the link :)http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/QvNXGX

Nvidia recommends a 600w power supply, so I wouldn't recommend using the 450w PSU.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-770/specifications

I'd suggest planning later. ~2-3 days at most before you buy. Parts and prices change frequently so any parts list you come up with now will likely be obsolete by the time you're ready to buy.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The power requirement is a lot less for the 960, but you should check some benchmarks for the games that you play to see if it can handle them. From what I saw, the 960 and 770 are kind of close in performance.

I'd suggest planning later. ~2-3 days at most before you buy. Parts and prices change frequently so any parts list you come up with now will likely be obsolete by the time you're ready to buy.

Planning later is a very good idea. You might even find a better deal later on.

Yeah, it would be better however some parts like the RAM and HDD are kinda placeholders for now until I buy it to get cheaper parts but the CPU MOBO, GPU and Case are going to stay the same probably.

The power supply should be enough (recommended wattage takes the worst possible scenario into account), however as @WoodenMarker said you should really wait before you start planning.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The power supply should be enough (recommended wattage takes the worst possible scenario into account), however as @WoodenMarker said you should really wait before you start planning.

Interesting, would I have to use a molex to 8pin adapter and if so are they fine? Do they cause any problems? And yes I understand I should wait and some parts are just placeholders like I said before, but some parts are probably not going to change unless someone recommends something else to me.

Thank you!

Interesting, would I have to use a molex to 8pin adapter and if so are they fine? Do they cause any problems? And yes I understand I should wait and some parts are just placeholders like I said before, but some parts are probably not going to change unless someone recommends something else to me.

Thank you!

Adapters are generally fine as long as the psu is up for it. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.