HOW to connect a mother board?!i

9justinas9
Go to solution Solved by 79 Potatoes,

You mean these 2?

Yes, with the power button you short them for a sec

EHmte5Z.jpg

ok i bought a mother board and i cant find power pins as well as other pins how do i figure that out? where do i find them??? the covered spots are CPU model, FRU p/n , MAC, and a random hash.

look at thiese pictures:

http://postimg.org/image/3sx3zgqgl/

http://postimg.org/image/9xt7qj7xx/

http://postimg.org/image/3y5gmvn5h/

http://postimg.org/image/kaficm1h1/

P.S. press on image again to view it in full resolution

The four pin EPS (CPU power) connector is at the bottom left of the CPU socket area. Your PSU may have a 2x4 (8 pin) EPS connector, it will split in half to fit.

The 24-pin ATX power connector is right next to the DIMM slots.

Under the black SATA port lies the onboard headers, stuff for power buttons, LEDs, etc.

Next to it (the yellow one) is a USB 2.0 front panel header.

The orange pins on the bottom left of the board make up the Front Panel Audio header.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The four pin EPS (CPU power) connector is at the bottom left of the CPU socket area. Your PSU may have a 2x4 (8 pin) EPS connector, it will split in half to fit.

The 24-pin ATX power connector is right next to the DIMM slots.

Under the black SATA port lies the onboard headers, stuff for power buttons, LEDs, etc.

Next to it (the yellow one) is a USB 2.0 front panel header.

The orange pins on the bottom left of the board make up the Front Panel Audio header.

no not the easy stuff i mean power button

im not a noob but this board got a lot of headers and i need that power button pins

Under the black SATA port lies the onboard power header, stuff for power buttons, LEDs, etc.

There appears to be writing under the header, noting what each pin does.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

zoom that

5eBa7z3.jpg

This is a signature.

PW+ and PW-

You mean these 2?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

You mean these 2?

Yes, with the power button you short them for a sec

EHmte5Z.jpg

This is a signature.