Monitor went white boom

bugman12

I have a Samsung syncmaster 2433BW monitor. I was happily leading my team on cs when a streak of white line started to appear on the top of my screen. Was there for about 2 minutes then everything went worse. The whole screen froze up and it was getting whiter till the whole screen froze with just a white light. I was flustered to get back into game so i did a forced restart, but now my monitor just stays white. I think its the monitor problem as i removed my video cable with just the power cord connected to my monitor, and it still stays white with few streaks of colors around.

Has anyone encountered the same problem?Should i get it replaced or repaired?

i have the same monitor but never incountered it

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

My guess is the tiny ribbon cable on the edge of the lcd sheet died/overheated. Sorry, but I am afraid you are SOL. Try letting the unit cool down. It may have been a thermal fault, but I doubt it will be fixable.

It's dead m8

Update: running it again after 6 hours since the problem first appeared, still same problem. White everywhere. Thanks guys im asking whether its repairable anot. Seems not ...

Update: running it again after 6 hours since the problem first appeared, still same problem. White everywhere. Thanks guys im asking whether its repairable anot. Seems not ...

From my experience, white display seems unrepairable because it is a problem in your lcd panel, blank/no power problem is easier to repair, but you can try to take it to the monitor repair, maybe it just some electrical components that is broken and can be replaced

It's dead, Jim.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!