H440 vs Air 540?

Tim Drake

I am seriously stuck between these two.

Both superb cases (even though I have micro atx mobo and it might look a bit weird).

I am mainly upgrading since my Aerocool DS Cube is a bitch to work in and has terrible airflow.

The h440 seems a bit restricted but idk.

I am also installing a H110 in it.

I want to think about airflow to SLI later as micro atx SLI spacing needs all the airflow it can get :P (Air 540 seems to win in this scenario)

(Last Case thread I promise)

(The 350D is also an option for £70)

Both superb cases (even though I have micro atx mobo and it might look a bit weird).

I am mainly upgrading since my Aerocool DS Cube is a bitch to work in and has terrible airflow.

I want to think about airflow to SLI later as micro atx SLI spacing needs all the airflow it can get :P (Air 540 seems to win in this scenario)

You should get the air 540. Since it has the dual chamber design, cable managment will be both easier and you will get better airflow

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

You should get the air 540. Since it has the dual chamber design, cable managment will be both easier and you will get better airflow

Yeah I also love cube cases for some reason and dual chamber is genius <3

wut.

It's ugly af :/

Define R5

Define R5

HAHAHAHAHAA no. If he wanted it, he would have listed it as an option. It is a great case, just not what he is looking for

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

The Air 540 Need some tweeks  and corsair needs to come out with a revision of that case so if I were you I would go with the H440, Defin S, R4,R5, Enthoo Pro,Luxe,   

The air 540 is a cool case but the holes in the bottom were the 2 3.5in HDD spots are let in allot Dust also the case has no dust filters and its a dust magnet.  and the side panel will scratch 10 sec after you open the box.  note I have owned both cases and i am giving you first hand knowledge not crap I read off a site.

The Air 540 Need some tweeks  and corsair needs to come out with a revision of that case so if I were you I would go with the H440, Defin S, R4,R5, Enthoo Pro,Luxe,   

The air 540 is a cool case but the holes in the bottom were the 2 3.5in HDD spots are let in allot Dust also the case has no dust filters and its a dust magnet.  and the side panel will scratch 10 sec after you open the box.  note I have owned both cases and i am giving you first hand knowledge not crap I read off a site.

I wanted to believe the 540 was my perfect case :'(

Which side panel? Window?

I mean I can just buy custom fan filter and I don't mind cleaning out dust but the side panel sounds :/

I wanted to believe the 540 was my perfect case :'(

Which side panel? Window?

I mean I can just buy custom fan filter and I don't mind cleaning out dust but the side panel sounds :/

the windowed panel is bad I have owned 2 540's both were great to work in but the side panels and the ugly 3.5in bays on the bottom are something you would have to live with. also another thing that bugged me about the case is the 5.25 bays at the front were vertical instead of horizontal so most fan controllers will look odd. the case just needs some minor tweeks and it would be amazing 

post-112513-0-83784400-1430311246_thumb.

the windowed panel is bad I have owned 2 540's both were great to work in but the side panels and the ugly 3.5in bays on the bottom are something you would have to live with. also another thing that bugged me about the case is the 5.25 bays at the front were vertical instead of horizontal so most fan controllers will look odd. the case just needs some minor tweeks and it would be amazing 

I don't mind the 3.5" bays it's the scratching side panel i'm worried about.

Any way to avoid scratching it? Could I just take extra care of it?

I don't mind the 3.5" bays it's the scratching side panel i'm worried about.

Any way to avoid scratching it? Could I just take extra care of it?

I read that a light coat of car wax helped protect the panel.