NZXT Noctis 450 vs Corsair Carbide 540 Case

Hi LTT forums!

My friend lives in Florida and he is choosing between these two cases. He wants a blue themed build and is debating which case would be best for airflow and overall use(i.e silence). Your opinions would be nice to hear! :)

Thanks!

Air540, the 450 looks terrible :unsure:

If he's after blue he could consider the black/blue NZXT H440/S340 (H440 being a 'silent' case).

Other good choices are the Define R4/5. Airflow of these "silent" cases really aren't that big of a deal. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I believe the new NZXT is the same as the 440 which is silent optimized not airflow, the 540 will be the better choice if airflow and temps are the main concern and not silence.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I say Noctis.. But, c'mon.. One is much older than the other (2 days old) and has been tried & true over and over again proven a great case.

So it's not really a equal poll IMO.

But, again if opinion's what you want.. I am really digging the Noctis so far. It MIGHT just be the first ever White build I do.. That's a sexy Bold white case, blue underglow... Yumm.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

I have a Carbide 540 case and I love it. I would definitely recommend it in a heart beat. As for the "silence" aspect, depending on what you have pushing your air will make a huge difference, since it is such an open case. That being said, having 140mm fans in all the slots tuned down to low rpms, you get a nice quiet air sound, but it's not close to silent by any stretch. I personally like the slight hum of moving air, so it makes me happy. It's also amazing to working with. Everything just fits super well and looks aesthetically pleasing. Hope this helped some!

I just went from a s340 to the Air 540 and its awesome! so much room and really like the cube formfactor.

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s