Windows 10 worth it?

TechGuyNor

Got win 8.1 great for weak systems or good gaming pc systems but upgrading for free?! Lets discuss many bugs?

What?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

You'll have a year to consider after release, i'd wait a bit until most bugs clear up.

I'd say, common windows vulnerabilities...

Ill get it when its almost bug free for now and some years ill maybe get win 10

Got win 8.1 great for weak systems or good gaming pc systems but upgrading for free?! Lets discuss many bugs?

Well until it is actually released and not in a beta/test/buggy/not even out form... No one knows.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I want no backdoors in win10 for the frigging spy agencies to be able to be in my system or so help me and as god as my witness, i will be going back to XP. :D

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I want no backdoors in win10 for the frigging spy agencies to be able to be in my system or so help me and as god as my witness, i will be going back to XP. :D

you want to go back to xp?

but wont that let ANYONE spy on you?

Ummmmm

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

you want to go back to xp?

but wont that let ANYONE spy on you?

I have a tailored XP SP3 version, not the retail one. Comes with "bells and whistles" granted it was great back in 2004..... :wacko:

I am running the Windows 10 Tech Preview Build 9926 and it is almost bug free, Only bug I can find is that when my background changes (Have it to auto change) and I am playing a game then it drops frames but I don't even think its Win 10 fault...

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

I have a tailored XP SP3 version, not the retail one. Comes with "bells and whistles" granted it was great back in 2004..... :wacko:

well i been off XP for a bit now but that still sounds super unsafe

well i been off XP for a bit now but that still sounds super unsafe

was kidding fella but do any of us really know if any of our OSs are really that safe. Window 10 just scares me as Microsoft has now shifted gear and has all of sudden change from pimping every product it makes for money to we are family and this is now a service for everyone, we love you all.....that is how it sounded to me. :blink:

was kidding fella but do any of us really know if any of our OSs are really that safe. Window 10 just scares me as Microsoft has now shifted gear and has all of sudden change from pimping every product it makes for money to we are family and this is now a service for everyone, we love you all.....that is how it sounded to me. :blink:

yes that is how it sounds but it olny free for a year it just like how 8.1 was free for win 8 users  this might be the same type of deal to make up for how so-so 8 and 8.1 was

but..... i'm not to big on haveing my own AI looking at all the files on my hard drive so i'm going to turn her off

Has an Windows upgrade ever been worth it?

If you like to have tons of bugs, and you dont mind that Microsoft is watching every single thing you do.

Then its probably worth it for you!

I'm going to stick with w7. Imo the best windows currently.. 

I've stayed with xp till w7 came out, some upgrades are just not worth it, look at fucking vista & w8 Lol.

I like Windows 10,it is not my primary OS but it is running great for me on another PC I have so far,It is best not to upgrade the OS your on now till it is officially released, my suggestion is if you want to try Windows 10 do it on a separate HD or SSD.this way you can try it out to see if you like it or not.

If you do not like Windows 10 you will still have your primary OS to go back to..

If you reeeeaaallly want to upgrade, wait for the technical preview of Windows 10 to end, which should be tomorrow with the release of Insider Preview. The back end should be real solid, and the focus will be front end (that means GUI), and that means that companies will start working and beta testing Windows 10 official drivers soon after, and things should be better

It all depends on how good the release is. if Windows 10 is like Windows 7's release, then you don't even need to wait the year for a personal system. If it is like Vista then wait. Don't read this as vista = bad, it's not (it actually has some major behind the scenes tech changes for how it handles your HW, such as a much better scheduler, etc when compared to XP), 99% of all issues where driver related which falls into the HW manufacturer realm of responsibilities, which it very well could be with dx12 drivers being relatively new.