Easy cases w / side panel windows to work in?

yourdad165

I'm looking for a case with a side panel window that's actually easy to manage cables in. I keep on having to work in cases with a lack of any proper cable management. It's kind of annoying when you're trying to make a build look nice for someone.

Anyway any cases that are below or around $100 CAD that are easy to work in with a side window?

Use this site if you can - http://www.canadacomputers.com/

Thanks.

Is the Enthoo Pro in your price range?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Just look for the largest amount of gromets, and according to how you will set things up, look at the Side View - Panel Off pics of cases and visualize your components inside.  There's so many, and some I may name would work for you, some wouldn't.

Nobody will be able to tell you what would work best for you, with your components. Only our own experiences, which are all different. But I know exactly what you mean, and the tip I gave above is how I go about it. I've gotten good enough (as long as I know my cooler/mobo/psu) to have near-perfect experiences with cable management with that.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Is the Enthoo Pro in your price range?

I don't know that case, the guy's budget is $1200 CAD and I'm just trying to add some aesthetics to the build.

Just look for the largest amount of gromets, and according to how you will set things up, look at the Side View - Panel Off pics of cases and visualize your components inside.  There's so many, and some I may name would work for you, some wouldn't.

Nobody will be able to tell you what would work best for you, with your components. Only our own experiences, which are all different. But I know exactly what you mean, and the tip I gave above is how I go about it. I've gotten good enough (as long as I know my cooler/mobo/psu) to have near-perfect experiences with cable management with that.

Yeah it's just recently I've worked in the Phantom 410 and the Corsair Carbide series spec 2 and they were pretty bad for cable management. The CPU cable could not be routed behind the board so you just have a cable showing through the window.

I don't know that case, the guy's budget is $1200 CAD and I'm just trying to add some aesthetics to the build.

It's a good case. I'd take a look.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It's a good case. I'd take a look.

Yeah I did, it's a full tower though isn't it? I'm going to use an ATX board so a mid-tower case would be ideal.

NZXT s340?

This or a define s windowed (or r4-5)

I went for a corsair spec 3 which is among the cheapest windowed but cable management isn't easy with close to no space behind at key spots like the lower hdd cage

-------

Current Rig

-------

Check out the new Thermaltake Core V21 micro-ATX chassis. That's what I'm going with soon. The 2 vented sides are magnetic dust filtered and comes with a window panel. All panels are the same sizes and can be moved to any side, plus for $15 each to can buy 1 or 2 extra window panels. :)

main.jpg

Link - http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002559

Check out the new Thermaltake Core V21 micro-ATX chassis. That's what I'm going with soon. The 2 vented sides are magnetic dust filtered and comes with a window panel. All panels are the same sizes and can be moved to any side, plus for $15 each to can buy 1 or 2 extra window panels. :)

-pic snipped-

Link - http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002559

That case reminds me of a portable bluetooth speaker.. Blue lights, front 'speaker' grill & all. Lol.

I like it, but idk.. A little odd for me.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

BitFenix Ronin is good

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

Yeah it's just recently I've worked in the Phantom 410 and the Corsair Carbide series spec 2 and they were pretty bad for cable management. The CPU cable could not be routed behind the board so you just have a cable showing through the window.

If you think phantom 410 has bad cable management, then you are just not good.

Phantom 410 has really easy cable management

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah I did, it's a full tower though isn't it? I'm going to use an ATX board so a mid-tower case would be ideal.

Yeah. 8 expansion slots even. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler