Spent 2k on PC and 1k on peripherals

LucemArrow

I have been talking to one of my friends who builds pc's and he talked to me about how x99 builds where overpriced and I should just go with i74790k instead of i75820k so that I could save and put a Titan X in the build and possibly two monitors, anyone willing to help with this change and/or should I stay x99 for only rendering 2 videos a day for Youtube and streaming to twitch.

-Edit , I am just going to make this a new thread

Things in build state: Lan room , Gaming PC

Things finished: Lol wut

Similar to a build Im planning but your PSU is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too big. Im going for dual 980s and Ive got a 750W PSU and still got a 100 watts on of play room. Part picker estimates your power to 426W I would go with either a 500W or a 600W no need to spend extra money on wasted wattage.

The Dick of the audio page!

Also you've got some lights in your list, not the best ones going according to the amazon reviews.

Also you've got some lights in your list, not the best ones going according to the amazon reviews.

And I'm assuming you know nothing about lights?

And I'm assuming you know nothing about lights?

I know a bit on entertainment lighting and not a huge amount of photograph lights. But before I purchase anything I read the reviews and I had a look at the reviews on the lights and I wouldn't pick them after those reviews.

I know a bit on entertainment lighting and not a huge amount of photograph lights. But before I purchase anything I read the reviews and I had a look at the reviews on the lights and I wouldn't pick them after those reviews.

Could you suggest some lights?

wow..are you ever a noob

Those PSUs are actually perfectly fine...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Could you suggest some lights?

Dedo Lights

Probably too expensive but so good and so small.

Have to decide what type of lights you going for because you cant mix and match different types of lights e,g, led and halogen incandescent lights as one produces a yellow orange glow like normal lights while the other produces a white blue if you mix and match your camera will make you look like your ill.

Also if you have a stupidly bright monitor (presuming you wanted to film your self at your computer) it could light up your face making your face look terrible.

But then fluorescent lights and LED flicker which (like all lights but slow enough that cameras can spot it) so dont want to have any of them in view of the camera.

If i was doing it I would do it with this equipment

http://www.videogear.co.uk/Lighting/Led-Lights/Kits/Dedolight-3-Head-Basic-LED-4-1-Daylight-Kit/prod_5513.html

Place the dedo lights with one on each side of the computer pointing towards you then on at about 7 oclock to the screen low down or very high at a low light  level. But this is 2 grand so bit pricey.

OR for probably 300 ish

Using these big panels just throw one either side of the monitor at 10 and 2. and if can push the buget to 500 put another at the back at lower light level for back lighting.
http://www.interfitphotographic.com/products/matinee-led-320.html#.VUO4YCFVhBc

Dedo Lights

Probably too expensive but so good and so small.

Have to decide what type of lights you going for because you cant mix and match different types of lights e,g, led and halogen incandescent lights as one produces a yellow orange glow like normal lights while the other produces a white blue if you mix and match your camera will make you look like your ill.

Also if you have a stupidly bright monitor (presuming you wanted to film your self at your computer) it could light up your face making your face look terrible.

But then fluorescent lights and LED flicker which (like all lights but slow enough that cameras can spot it) so dont want to have any of them in view of the camera.

Assuming dedo lights are too expensive for me right now, what lights would you suggest with a $100-$200 budget that will look better than a lamp reflecting off white cardboard .

Assuming dedo lights are too expensive for me right now, what lights would you suggest with a $100-$200 budget that will look better than a lamp reflecting off white cardboard .

http://www.amazon.com/Interfit-Photographic-INT356-Matinee-Dimmable/dp/B00B3PFKEC

Get one of these with a stand like this

http://www.amazon.com/Impact-Light-Stand-Black-1-8m/dp/B006BGSUCM/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1430502802&sr=1-8&keywords=5%2F8%22+light+stand

You want to place the light in front of what your recording and possible slight to one side to produce a shadow on the face to make it more realistic looking. Worth thinking of getting another at a later date.

(edit found a better stand changed link)

http://www.amazon.com/Interfit-Photographic-INT356-Matinee-Dimmable/dp/B00B3PFKEC

Get one of these with a stand like this

http://www.amazon.com/Impact-Light-Stand-Black-1-8m/dp/B006BGSUCM/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1430502802&sr=1-8&keywords=5%2F8%22+light+stand

You want to place the light in front of what your recording and possible slight to one side to produce a shadow on the face to make it more realistic looking. Worth thinking of getting another at a later date.

(edit found a better stand changed link)

Hey, since your responding fast I thought to run my new PC idea by you

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PYQj7P

Hey, since your responding fast I thought to run my new PC idea by you

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PYQj7P

Seems fine PSU quite big compared to the amount used probably bring it down to a 500W save your self some money but if you thinking of upgrading by adding another 980 in SLI then that PSU would be fine.