asus service

BenD

Anyone have experience with MSI customer care?

No, why?

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

No, why?

Just wondering how good is their customer support because I have 2 MSI component in my rig.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

how's gigabyte holding up? they were a damn good manufacturer of mobos back in my day, not so much of gpus.

He has two 680, not 660.

Screw asus, I'm probbably switching manufacturers as well, and for the first time in 10 years too. Asus just keeps on dissapointing.

I was talking about the offer he got to get 2 660ti for the time being.

went to the store with the mail i got back, they basicly had nothing to say about it, they consider the case closed,

so anybody have a good clean idea to kill my 680's so i can get store credit? :p just to piss them off

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

He has two 680, not 660.

Screw asus, I'm probbably switching manufacturers as well, and for the first time in 10 years too. Asus just keeps on dissapointing.

Gold motherboards...

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

went to the store with the mail i got back, they basicly had nothing to say about it, they consider the case closed,

so anybody have a good clean idea to kill my 680's so i can get store credit? :P just to piss them off

Ln2. Ln2 is always the answer to everything :D

Gold motherboards...

Oh yes, don't make start on those...

JESUS! I've been using ASUS board exclusively for the last 10 years straght, never had a problem with their design. Even more so I loved the blue colour scheme they used in the last gen boards, have one P8P67 and an old P5Q pro which doesn't look bad either.

Now gold? Srsly, gold? What idiot executive came to work one day and said "Hey guys, you know what would be great - goldeg heatsinks. Gold is the next black I'm telling you, the people will go crazy over it..." I just wish the guy called in sick that day, anyway I hope he was fired or at least demoted to a less responsible position.

Really ASUS, can you tell me, in what universe does gold go with any of the "CASE WITH WINDOW" chosen colours? Or do you consider us to be colourblind?

Now I know everybody is entitled to his own opinion, but, and I'm just guessing here, you should be appealing to the mass market with those boards, not the select few people who accually think gold is a good colour for their central unit!

:EDIT: There, you got me started... happy?

My experience with them has been terrible.  Your only hope is in the retailer that sold you the component.  I spent hours RMA'ing a Maximus V with Asus last year and the process was so arduous I wanted to scream.  Your retailer (i.e.Ncix, NewEgg, Fry's, etc. ) has a lot more power in the relationship with Asus, and they also have an incentive to keep your business.  You would think that it would be the same with Asus, but from my experience, the Asus service guys just want you to go away and get to the next caller.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Ed.

yeah, my retailer just went like: we don't like how asus operates these days ,,,

like there was nothing they could do about, they said that they had to strugle just to get for me a brand new graphics card. I know they just can't order a gtx 680 just to please if they don't know if their delivery company doesn't back that up, they don't wanna end up with an gtx 680 they have to sell, most people just don't want to put the money in to that.

I feal a bit betrayed... i mean, they basicly said they knew about asus service... They should've at least gave me an heads up on that. i asked, and they could get gigabyte, msi & other big names. So basicly they sold me expensive asus stuff without even warning me about the service. if i need anything else i'm just gonna to another store, ask them to give me their best price, then go to them and say: you gonna get me that product, below that price or i'm buying all my stuff in another store from now on. asus blames the stores for not giving my the best service i could get, the store blames the arrangements with asus being unclearly.

it's obvious that asus doesn't come trough , however since i have put so much money into it, i think they could give me something more then 'here you go, a brand new card, and we really had to made an effort to get you this"  give me a free fan or something, or offer me a free clean out and register check up. (obviously i can do that myself because otherwise it would be foolish to put a pc together like this).

it's just leaves me a bit bitter. I work in construction, i'm an electrician, if i have to in a house where costumers want some fancy stuff in it, i'm not gonna place the power connectors and switch like this / in stead of | (don't know how to explain it in english :p)  if you want some luxery, something more then most people. and you pay others to achieve that, expect them do to their jobs correct (i even had to improve the freaking cable management) and if something goes wrong, you want some effort, i had to drag myself and my pc several times to the store just to make stuff happen.

Asus went wrong no doubt about that, the answers you get aren't answers and it's like not our problem, the store went wrong in not coming through to me.

note:
about the gold mobo, yeah it's like... let's act fancyyyyy (GAAAAY) , we want to be able to make a theme, wich is impossible with a gold accent mobo.

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/