asus service

BenD

made a post a while ago, had trouble with one of my gtx 680,

had to send it back to asus, after 2 months!!!! got it back, they claimed to have installed a new gpu... ok, i'm good with that

i put the card in my system, turned the power on (at this point not all stuff whas installed luckely just testing if it worked)
immediatly i saw instead of 2 green lights with the power connectors, a green and a red, tried using other power connectors, put the thing in a other pci-e slot , basicly trying everything to eliminate the fact they couldn't send me back a broken card...  sure enough it was the damn card. sended it back the very same day (at this point i was pretty much pissed because i payed still full price on this thing because it was before the 700 series release) after a month i haven't heard a thing about it, so i went to the store and said: tell me guys, what's going on with this... "we have to check".

didn't made me any happier. i said, so this is the service i get from asus, they send me back a broken card after 2 months, and then it takes over another month and all that without saying a thing to the costumers? they better have some kind of peace offer if they ever want to sell me a product again. ( i spend over 1500€ just on asus products alone in my build so i asumed that just might work :p )

had to pick up something at the store yesterday , they tolled me: you're getting a brand new one, we think some early next weak.  I'm not sure if i should let it go now, i mean they probarly don't even know what went wrong themselves, or maybe they did screw it up the first time and probarly where sending me a new one anyway.

what do you guys think? should i try to push it and claim something? i'm still not pleased about the service from asus. Asus is great don't take me wrong, but i get a better service for my coffee machine that was like 70€,

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

look, just tell them that you dont want the product anymore because of the bad product and costumer service that they and asus as provided.. they'll give you a full refund and just get the 770 or 780, easy.

look, just tell them that you dont want the product anymore because of the bad product and costumer service that they and asus as provided.. they'll give you a full refund and just get the 770 or 780, easy.

yeah but i have 2 680's , so i would get a 780 but still have one good 680... wich would be useless if i have a next gen

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate

ask if you can get a refund for it too (the store). if they dont, call asus personally AND send them a LONG, DETAILED and HEARTFELT e-mail/letter expressing your disappointment in their products and company. tell them that you'd like a refund for the 680s to buy the 780s, by telling them that you'd like to buy their 780s, they'd be more willing to give you the refund since they'll be getting your money back anyway. (be sure to tell them about your bad experiences, specially how long it takes them to resolve these issues, also tell them about your costumer loyalty "spent over 1500 $ on their products", they will be more willing that way)

well that's about all i have to offer. i use this strategy many times to get companies to suck up to me and give me what i want.
remember, it's all about the costumer. a company who's not costumer focused is a terrible company.
AND PLUS, the card should still under warranty, annoy them as much as you can about your issue.

ask if you can get a refund for it too (the store). if they dont, call asus personally AND send them a LONG, DETAILED and HEARTFELT e-mail/letter expressing your disappointment in their products and company. tell them that you'd like a refund for the 680s to buy the 780s, by telling them that you'd like to buy their 780s, they'd be more willing to give you the refund since they'll be getting your money back anyway. (be sure to tell them about your bad experiences, specially how long it takes them to resolve these issues, also tell them about your costumer loyalty "spent over 1500 $ on their products", they will be more willing that way)

well that's about all i have to offer. i use this strategy many times to get companies to suck up to me and give me what i want.

remember, it's all about the costumer. a company who's not costumer focused is a terrible company.

AND PLUS, the card should still under warranty, annoy them as much as you can about your issue.

yeah , that seems about something i would even enjoy to do :D the store should help me out to, because i bought all my stuff there even though the belgium store prices are way to high, i just wanted to go somewhere when something was wrong and say: this is the problem solve it for me. So i agree with you, i should play an ass, because i was a loyal costumer :)

Take them both back and say your dissatisfied with the purchase. I know in Australia (at least) u are granted 7 days of protection if the product does not work as advertised.... Even if 1 works and 1 doesn't.. It was advertised to work "together"!

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Take them both back and say your dissatisfied with the purchase. I know in Australia (at least) u are granted 7 days of protection if the product does not work as advertised.... Even if 1 works and 1 doesn't.. It was advertised to work "together"!

well, i think if i would take them both back now, (keep in mind i still have to recieve the replacement one) they would test the hell out of those things because of the isues.

extra note:

i did send an email to asus telling them my experience with their service, and how i feel about that. and mentioned that my store isn't really making an effort. This is going to be a long fight i'm afraid. Going to jump in my store this week anyway, i'm not really sure if the replacement is what i get to shut me up, if it is, i'm going to make it sure that if i have to go to asus myself, i'm not coming back to them. they have records of my purchases over the years, so they know i'm as loyal as can be.

you dont buy Asus for their top notch service. lesson learned... if you want good customer service look elsewhere.

you dont buy Asus for their top notch service. lesson learned... if you want good customer service look elsewhere.

yeah figured that out, my brothers laptop, te power connector from in the laptop itself, took them as well 2 months to repair. have heard in that same store people coming with the exact problem as that, i didn't say anything out loud, "common respect" and all that shit :p :p but still come on....

Once again i have mention:

Asus products work great.  HOWEVER,  the service is not something to be proud of, i hope to achieve something, with pushing the store and asus. i'll keep posting follow ups, because nobody likes an unfinished story and it wouldn't be fare if they did come true and i didn't mention that :)

GO THERE AND SLAP THEM

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

Threaten them with lawsuit that will surely help, works for me very well.

hmm, the store offered me like 2 660's as long as it took for me to get my card back, but i reclined because i had 1 680 still running good. So i can't really do anything to the store, they made an offer, a bad offer but still an offer. And they have no legal requirements to compensate me for waiting for a product they send to asus for repair. And saying to asus: give me something good or i'll see you guys in court... well i'm not loaded enough to get an lawyer(??) that's good enough to compete to asus's lawyers :p basicly the same thing i guess they would just say: did the store offer you something as long as you where waiting ? yes, they did offer me to run a 660 sli , what brand? asus... oh so you just want a gift because you hate waiting? well.. yes please?

come on dude, that's not gonna fly :p i mean if i'm honest it won't fly :D and i'm not going to sit there and lie, because that could get me in trouble :p i'm just gonna push them :) play with some buttons

Bad luck man :(

(in my not so much asus related case)

I have the asus gtx 770 and I've been waiting for 2 weeks now for a online shop here to send me the other stuff, so I can start building my machine. No reply from them yet :( Having the processor i7 4770k, gtx 770, dominator platinum ram... just sitting around here

well, this doesn't help at all and just proves how porely asus thinks of their costumers...  i told them what's what and al they said:

really annoying to hear about what went wrong in this repair proces
Be aware that we (asus) are fully disconnected from the repair proces
your seller notifies a repair on his dilevery company, wich on their turn send the product to the repair centre (in my case it's tsjech (or whatever it is translated to in english))
your seller has 3 options: send it to repair, replace the product or give back a part of the purchase money.

because we are completely disconnected from this proces we can't inform you on this part.
all communication should go trough the seller, because they are your go to guy(they said it much nicer but those are words i don't know :p ) the seller can use different ways to achieve more information.
we also know that repairs can take roughly 3 - 5 weeks.

I hope to inform you enough with this.

that my fellow pc gents, is the most beautyful way to say: not our god damn problem b*tch

rip one of your balls out and throw it at them. always works

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

rip one of your balls out and throw it at them. always works

my balls are perfect where they are thenk you very much :p

next time i'm gonna go to another store and not buy asus, this is just absurd

I remember having a very old nvidia card (7990) or some such thing .. It was the final AGP card if that's enough indication. It died after 2 months and was under warranty. The store tried to replace it but couldn't find one! Several months later they replaced the GPU, the mobo CPU and ram ( since pcie was the new standard). The dead GPU was worth like $700 .. So I ended up getting a whole new system out of the whole mess. The funny thing is the system is still with me today... Only some new ram and the graphics card needed to be upgraded in the last 4 or so years.

Getting a new PC in 2 weeks or so...I was pretty happy with how that old mess turned out.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

This is one of the reasons that ill never ever buy an asus product ever again. Countless times they have screwed me over and whats worse, when it screws one of my customers over because they are pissed, im pissed. Asus are pissing around and I hope they get hit because of it. Gte your shit to together or leave me alone. I hope the bum tickler gets them all. especially JJ. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

so for the people who are following this.
I just send an email back to asus.

saying that if this is the way a big company like asus works, putting the blame of on their own repair service, and saying we aren't reponsible for their work,
that in the future when i'm building an high end pc, i won't be thinking about purchasing asus product, because this isn't costumer friendly.

tomorrow i'm stopping by my store, i printed out their email and i'm going to say: this is the service asus provides for their costumers, who payed a truck load of money for their stuff.
I don't want any asus products in my pc anymore, if you can't provide the brands i prefer, i'll be going to another shop. because i don't accept this.

fair enough i think :D

You do that, it's fair to say the least. Don't accept the replacment for the 680, and RMA the other 680, and just get two MSI 770 lightning if you can. That would be an optimal solution in my mind.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

update:

So i went to the store, with the printed out email, the guy readed and we talked about the mail and how unfriendly and even how poorly the language was(it was below everage sentance build and stuff like that).

my new 680 (it even was in a original sealed box whoohoo they did eat least something right)  was there , wich just arrived. I said this is the last asus product that gets into my case, if anything goes wrong now, it's not coming back in. I'm done with asus. I allways have payed way less for my products then other costumers would pay; So i'm kinda giving them something back for their effort this way.

They guy addmited that asus is porely and that asus thinks that it's completely normal that their laptops are gone for 4 weeks or more. And that hey have more experiences with cases like this. I'm just gonna put the 680 in my case later on this day, have to go to dokter, because my blood presure is way to high after all this haha :p i'm kinda hoping that this one dies, just so i can demand and 780 upgrade for both my cards.

So conclusing of all this,

Asus products are wonderfull, as long as they do work no question about that at all.
Asus service and the asus company however is not worth anybodys money. They should lose a lot of costumers just so they have no choice then to upgrade their services and all that.

I hope people who are considering building new pc's keep this in my, and just not buy asus product, i love the rog look, but i'm just so so disappointed in all this... 
if i didn't had al those discounts the store gave me all the way with all my purchases i probarly wouldn't take the brand new 680 home with me. But they made an effort all the way for me, and they did came trough on a brand new even in sealed box graphics card. (they mentioned to me once that if asus sends a new one if they can't fix it, its just in a bag and some random shitty box) so i'm gonna leave it here. But it's the last asus product for me.

thnx for the people who followed this, give me your view and i hope you guys can kinda agree with my choice.

ok.. didn't think i had to make another post, however

ASUS REPLIED, yes , they did send me an email back after i said: if this is how you guys treat your costumers, i'm not going to buy your products no more. so guys, this is asus at it's best after you say something like that.
keep in mind i'm translating it from dutch to english, so i could make some errors myself with the translation.

Thnx for your mail.

How annoying (yes it actually starts with that!!!!) to hear that u had problems with repair(s).
It should work perfectly after the first repair, this however wasn't the case.

We, Asus, stand behind  our products and our costumers.
We also take our responsbility for the products and offer support to the people who need it.

About the responsbility about the components like motherboards and graphics cards, there are arrangements with distributeurs(i think it's the word) and shops. They are in an agreement to take the responsbility on their own.

You can as example think about microsoft and the windows oem licenses.
Notebooks are deliverd with windows oem licenses.
When a product with a windows oem license is deliverd , then the maker of the product takes the responsbility on themselves.

Actually the same happens between distributeurs(again no idea how to say it in english) and shops.
The responsbility is taken by the parties when necessary.
The shops and distributeurs have taken the responsbility on themselves when it comes to repairprocedures and waranties.

When the shop doesn't an option to take responsbility, think in situations like bankruptcy, then wil asus take the responsbility.
However in this situation it isn't the case, and so the shop is responsble for the repair application.

I hope trough this email given you enough information, if however you still have questions we will answer with pleasure.

With friendly regards

Asus TSD.

Well, if this is their policy then your friend from the shop is the one who would have to go to them and say "that guy will continue to buy your stuff if you give him an upgrade now (maybe say you'd pay a part of the difference or something)".

That's why I try to buy most of my stuff via amazon or the retailer itself. Also, next time try to ask for something like an express RMA or at least another 680 instead of those 660tis.

Well, if this is their policy then your friend from the shop is the one who would have to go to them and say "that guy will continue to buy your stuff if you give him an upgrade now (maybe say you'd pay a part of the difference or something)".

That's why I try to buy most of my stuff via amazon or the retailer itself. Also, next time try to ask for something like an express RMA or at least another 680 instead of those 660tis.

He has two 680, not 660.

Screw asus, I'm probbably switching manufacturers as well, and for the first time in 10 years too. Asus just keeps on dissapointing.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Thank God I had get MSI component rather than Asus's.

Anyone have experience with MSI customer care?

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB