So i want to buy a second hand car

bitdota

Pls no Americanhos ( jk but really )

I'm from Europe i need to buy a second hand car for my self, 80% city usage. 

My budget is 2500 - 3000 euros what should i buy ?

A year and three months ago I bought my first car, was for 2600€, Citroen C3 from 2003 model, 89000km driven on it, from a lady, never crashed, original service and everything, looked like new :) still have it, runs like clockwork, I only made some cosmetic changes to it and had one oil change, nothing serious :) currently at 100800km+- :) Only thing I regret is the small-ish trunk

Pls no Americanhos ( jk but really )

I'm from Europe i need to buy a second hand car for my self, 80% city usage. 

My budget is 2500 - 3000 euros what should i buy ?

Small Japanese/korean car not older than 2003 should be fine.

A year and three months ago I bought my first car, was for 2600€, Citroen C3 from 2003 model, 89000km driven on it, from a lady, never crashed, original service and everything, looked like new :) still have it, runs like clockwork, I only made some cosmetic changes to it and had one oil change, nothing serious :) currently at 100800km+- :) Only thing I regret is the small-ish trunk

yes it is in a supermini category, i'm looking for an old lady to sell me a car too but its hard to find :) i don't really want to buy from car dealers

Small Japanese/korean car not older than 2003 should be fine.

Here in Romania we don't really have a lot of japanese and korean cars and if we do the spare parts are expensive :(

yes it is in a supermini category, i'm looking for an old lady to sell me a car too but its hard to find :) i don't really want to buy from car dealers

Here in Romania we don't really have a lot of japanese and korean cars and if we do the spare parts are expensive :(

MMh you could look for a European car but I'd rather have something from Toyota/Mazda/Hyundai/Kia.

MMh you could look for a European car but I'd rather have something from Toyota/Mazda/Hyundai/Kia.

do they consume less ? or why ?

I regret the small trunk because it cant fit the baby-carriage :D but other than that it is a great car, consumes very little fuel, I get like 4-5 liter per 100km average, when I manage, I get it even lower... I fill up the tank for like 40-45€ (full tank) and it lasts me for a month :D

do they consume less ? or why ?

They are more durable in my opinion but European cars aren't bad either.

Lexus and Acuras are a great value for used cars. They only marginally more expensive than Toyotas and Hondas but come with a lot of extra functions standard and are also usually kept in better conditions because of the maturity of the owners. Needless to say, they're also really reliable and maintenance fees are generally pretty low.

They are more durable in my opinion but European cars aren't bad either.

Well what european car do you prefer ?

Lexus and Acuras are a great value for used cars. They only marginally more expensive than Toyotas and Hondas but come with a lot of extra functions standard and are also usually kept in better conditions because of the maturity of the owners. Needless to say, they're also really reliable and maintenance fees are generally pretty low.

Sadly i can't get neither here, not very common in my region 

Well what european car do you prefer ?

Sadly i can't get neither here, not very common in my region 

Can't say that since I hate most of them xD

Can't say that since I hate most of them xD

what car do you own ?

He's in Europe so unless someone has imported an Acura themselves he really couldn't get one. We have e.g. Honda Integras here. Lexuses are sold but not that common.

Does your fuel matter? Is diesel also okay?

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

He's in Europe so unless someone has imported an Acura themselves he really couldn't get one. We have e.g. Honda Integras here. Lexuses are sold but not that common.

Does your fuel matter? Is diesel also okay?

Well fuel here is the same price for both, diesel are more fuel efficient

Petrol engines are cheaper to sustain, diesel cars costs more but consume less so big dilemma :)

Maybe something older, diesel and Volkswagen, those are pretty reliable and popular i think.

Older petrol Toyota.

And the 2.0 litre Volkswagen petrols are reliable to but not that economical.

Those I have personal experience with.

Maybe something older, diesel and Volkswagen, those are pretty reliable and popular i think.

Older petrol Toyota.

And the 2.0 litre Volkswagen petrols are reliable to but not that economical.

Those I have personal experience with.

well i saw some polos for 2.5k from 2003 and some older golf 4 1999 for the same price

Those are both extremely popular here so they probably aren't all that bad.

I myself drive an mk4 2001 Bora 1.6_16V.

It has survived 225 000 kms so they have some dependability, depends on the engine really.

Those are both extremely popular here so they probably aren't all that bad.

I myself drive an mk4 2001 Bora 1.6_16V.

It has survived 225 000 kms so they have some dependability, depends on the engine really.

how much fuel does it consume ?

how much fuel does it consume ?

In the city somewhere between 8-9 l/100km

At higher speeds 80-100 I've gotten it as low as 6,5 l/100km

At 120 the efficiency drops a little to about 7,5 l/100km

If you want to use it for most of the time for "city use" I would look for a hatchback because there usually smaller than a normal car and thus easier to park.

To name a few:

- Opel Corsa

- Peurgot 206

- Ford Focus

- VW Golf

- VW Polo

For manly city usage i would probably go for a Toyota Yaris five door. My mom is now on her second Yaris after replacing here "verso" with a normal five door edition, she has been super happy with them. No unexpected breakdowns. The one she have now is from 2001 done 200k km. and it went thru "road worthy control" a month back whit no issues what so ever.

Main Rig: Intel Core i5 2500K @4.7Ghz, Noctua NH-U12s, Asus z68 V-Pro, Evga GTX 970, Samsung EVO 250Gb, Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600 MHz 16GB,fractal design define r3, XFX XXX 850W

Laptop: Clevo w230st, 13.3" 1080p screen,  CPU intel i5 4200M(Someone want's to donate a i7-4700qm? :P), 8gb ram 1600Mhz, Geforce gtx 765m, SSD: mSata Evo 120Gb(still room for one more), HHD: 1Tb 7200rpm, 

If you want to use it for most of the time for "city use" I would look for a hatchback because there usually smaller than a normal car and thus easier to park.

To name a few:

- Opel Corsa

- Peurgot 206

- Ford Focus

- VW Golf

- VW Polo

I was looking at those too Golf and Focus are a bit larger cars i would buy one of those, i am a tall guy over 190 cm so maybe i would look funny in a small car 

For manly city usage i would probably go for a Toyota Yaris five door. My mom is now on her second Yaris after replacing here "verso" with a normal five door edition, she has been super happy with them. No unexpected breakdowns. The one she have now is from 2001 done 200k km. and it went thru "road worthy control" a month back whit no issues what so ever.

Here toyota is not so popular so it is hard to find a decent second hand asian car