Sapphire Dual-X r9 270x fan issue

WannaSPOON

I was just sitting here doing nothing interesting looking at mouse reviews when all of a sudden the fans on my graphics card went from silent to typhoon.  I tried changing the settings in the catalyst control center and got no change.  Downloaded afterburner to mess with that and got nothing.  It will show the fan speed percentage changing no problem, but the tachometer stays at 3200-ish RPMs and the noise doesn't change no matter if I set it to 100% or 0% fan speed.  The tempterature also is staying pretty steady at 32C.  I've not even had this card a week.  It's been fine thus far, but I'm a little worried the sensor on the board just pooped on me.  Thoughts?

Sounds like the PWM circuit for the fans failed. Try updating drivers just to be sure but it looks like you'll have to RMA.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

Huh.  That was weird.  Everything was already up to date, but in running the installer, the fan went back down to normal operating levels and is now responding to Afterburner.

>.>  I think my card has a ghost in it.