Real corsair k70 RGB vs razer blackwidow chroma

Go to solution Solved by sacratoy,

Users in this forum are more apt to say that you should spend the cash now and buy the more solid product that already features support for something you want to do. You seem to be fishing for someone to give you an excuse to buy the Chroma, when in reality you are spending less money because the Chroma is an inferior product to the k70 RGB.

Hello recently I came across these two keyboards and I was wondering which to get. Razer's is cheaper before you go saying CORSAIR BECAUSE RAZER USES CRAP KEY SWITCHES AND PLASTIC STUFF please understand that I'm use too a Dell latitude E6410. I however heard Razer products break quickly so yeah. Also I found this guy who makes really cool profiles for league of legends and that seems super cool. 

I personally prefer the look of Razers and the mouse that matches. People need to get over the whole "wow razer gaming brand bad kailh poop" when I like the Kailh switches better, they're heavier. Also have fun with corsairs software (I personally like corsairs software because I like to customize everything) but not everyone is like that. Go with whichever one looks best. They all perform the same.

blackshades on

K70 is the legend

i shall leave it at that.

edit: personally if i were given the option, i would buy K70 because i think it'd probably last longer

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I own a Blackwidow Chroma, and I absolutely love it. People may say "BUT BUT YOU GET MORE CUSTOMIZATION!!!"

But let's be real. Who wants a bright, flashing keyboard when they're gaming. That'd be SUPER distracting. Just my opinion.

Plus, I actually like the switches. To me, it feels quality. But to each their own. Won't bash on either. :)

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

I own a Blackwidow Chroma, and I absolutely love it. People may say "BUT BUT YOU GET MORE CUSTOMIZATION!!!"

But let's be real. Who wants a bright, flashing keyboard when they're gaming. That'd be SUPER distracting. Just my opinion.

Plus, I actually like the switches. To me, it feels quality. But to each their own. Won't bash on either. :)

Yeah the only thing that concerns me is how loud they are compared to cherry mx reds I can't seem to find the silent edition anyone but the Razer store.

Yeah the only thing that concerns me is how loud they are compared to cherry mx reds I can't seem to find the silent edition anyone but the Razer store.

This forum pretty much hates Razer, so you'll most likely get a negative result upon asking.. but personally I don't mind the click. It isn't too bad.

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

With the software update, i 100% recommend the k70 rgb

Software update for k70 RGB  :lol:  I need to see this to belive it.

Software update for k70 RGB :lol: I need to see this to belive it.

like 2 days ago. No more freezes or any problems so far.

like 2 days ago. No more freezes or any problems so far.

Does it make the lighting easier to use?

Does it make the lighting easier to use?

its not that hard, meh this depends on you... It doesn't change that, makes. It a real 16.8 million colors or so they say, hard to do with the leds ib thereim sure. The update made it work correctly like it should of when it came out. Awesome sauce tv does a decent overview of the software.

its not that hard, meh this depends on you... It doesn't change that, makes. It a real 16.8 million colors or so they say, hard to do with the leds ib thereim sure. The update made it work correctly like it should of when it came out. Awesome sauce tv does a decent overview of the software.

Ahh ok thanks. I'm use to bulky laptop key switches dell latitude e6410 so should I go for cherry mx red or brown?

Ahh ok thanks. I'm use to bulky laptop key switches dell latitude e6410 so should I go for cherry mx red or brown?

you'll have to try them out.

Just to clarify, the Blackwidow Chroma has brighter colors than the K series RGB boards.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Corsair finally fixed some issues there were with K70's firmware and software so I can recommend it again.

However Razer's Chroma is a lot brighter according to all YouTube reviews.

I haven't seen it in real life so I can't tell how much of a difference it makes, but u can always buy new key caps for K70 if u need to (I'm planning to get translucent ones, it looks sexier in dark).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Corsair finally fixed some issues there were with K70's firmware and software so I can recommend it again.

However Razer's Chroma is a lot brighter according to all YouTube reviews.

I haven't seen it in real life so I can't tell how much of a difference it makes, but u can always buy new key caps for K70 if u need to (I'm planning to get translucent ones, it looks sexier in dark).

Well brighter is more "distracting" and your focusing on your screen

• 2 weeks later...

check out corsair fourms, you can do alot with it too, i have pac man eating cherries

I know you can do it for Corsairs but Razer.

Users in this forum are more apt to say that you should spend the cash now and buy the more solid product that already features support for something you want to do. You seem to be fishing for someone to give you an excuse to buy the Chroma, when in reality you are spending less money because the Chroma is an inferior product to the k70 RGB.