CPU or GPU first ?

Tomka58

Hi guys , so I have a question.Should I upgrade GPU first ( thinking about gtx 960 ) or CPU + MB ( thinking about i5-4460 ) , my current specs: i3-3220 , GTX 550 Ti 1Gb , 8gb ram , 1tb hdd and 420w PSU.

upgrade the psu and gpu, then cpu

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

graphics card for sure.

1gb of VRAM isn't enough for modern gaming, and 550ti is verrry old. Then I'd recommend grabbing an SSD, new PSU, then, a mobo + cpu.

Can my PSU handle the GTX 960 ??? I will upgrade it later but will it be okay for now ???

Then I'd recommend grabbing an SSD, new PSU, then, a mobo + cpu.

^^^

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Can my PSU handle the GTX 960 ??? I will upgrade it later but will it be okay for now ???

Depends. Exactly WHICH PSU it is? There is 420w-but-actually-200w and TRUE 420ws. If it is a real PSU, then it will hold a 960 just fine.

At any rate, where do you live and how much are you willing to spend?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Depends. Exactly WHICH PSU it is? There is 420w-but-actually-200w and TRUE 420ws. If it is a real PSU, then it will hold a 960 just fine.

At any rate, where do you live and how much are you willing to spend?

Here is my PSU: http://www.tecnoware.com/Power-Fusion/Products/TECNoWARE-POWER-FUSION/PC-POWER-SUPPLY/FREE-SILENT/FREE-SILENT-420W-12-CM-PSU_844.html , I'm live in Lithuania , going to spend about 200euros first , the gtx 960 is around 200euros in my country.

Here is my PSU: http://www.tecnoware.com/Power-Fusion/Products/TECNoWARE-POWER-FUSION/PC-POWER-SUPPLY/FREE-SILENT/FREE-SILENT-420W-12-CM-PSU_844.html , I'm live in Lithuania , going to spend about 200euros first , the gtx 960 is around 200euros in my country.

Yup, 0 quality. Buy a true PSU. Seasonic, EVGA, Corsair, XFX, Superflower, Rosewill, any of those will do.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!