can't visit LTT forum on laptop in Firefox

I seem to be having the strangest problem.

Whenever I try to visit the LTT forum on my work laptop using Firefox, I get a blank page. Even the source code is blank. It's as if it doesn't understand the data that comes back from the LTT server. The rest of the internet works perfectly, just not this forum.

It's not a restriction of the company's network, seeing as IE and even my old Firefox 27.0.1 Portable get proper access.
So that points towards Firefox itself. Then again if I access LTT in Firefox via a proxy (I used Ixquick's proxy to test this), it does load normally.

I've uninstalled FF, cleaned the registry, removed leftover files, rebooted the laptop and then installed FF again from a new download, but the problem persists.
Any suggestions before I wipe the entire SSD ?

FYI, both Firefox and Windows are up to date. The only addon I use on the laptop is Ghostery, and that never gave any trouble on any of my machines.

Sent from my trying-to-be-smart phone. Pleaze excuse typoos.

Seeing as IE works, it stands to reason that Chrome would too.  However I need to be able to print background images for work and Chrome doesn't support that.  Not going to use 2 browsers either. 

I have the laptop at home now and it's doing the exact same thing still.  Really scratching my head here.

Oh well, if I don't have a solution by the weekend, I'll just format it.