Bought 16GB 1866 kit, but have 8GB 2133 kit. Should I spend elsewhere?

Okay so I built myslef a new rig. Specs are 4690k, GTX 970, ASUS Z87 Pro mobo, 16GB 2x8GB 1866 kit of ram. Anyways I have a kit in an older build that has been rock solid. I am having issues with the 16gb kit so I have to go and exchange it anyways. I feel as if 16GB will become more important in the next year or so for gaming and I dont want to be left behind if it does. The problem is the case I am using on my build is a spare one I had and is of very limited airflow(enough for what I have in it though) and of limited space, also noisy. Its the AMD edition of the thermaltake V3 case(http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2543337). I cant stand this case for anything but low end builds. What I am wondering is if you guys think it would be better to return the ram, use my 8GB kit and spend the money on getting a 4790k over the 4690k or getting a better case along with exchanging the mobo and mech keyboard I got for better ones.

Get a better case, 16 Ram will do well the speeds aren't really BIG differences in games. The 4690k is prefect for gaming. Though that case is sort of ugly and plus, why put an intel build in an amd case. shameful. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

16 GB's is overkill for gaming. Use the 8 GB kit. Also, really, a AMD case for an Intel Build? REALLY??

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Like I said, spare case, and I love the irony...

Come on it can be painted hahaha :D

Just wondering about the 16GB memory. Presumably the motherboard BIOS is up-to-date. Was an XMP profile selected in the BIOS when the 2x8GB kit was installed?

Is there an ssd in the system? If just gaming, browsing, etc. that would be a better investment than upgrading the cpu, Certainly 8GB is enough for most gaming and general use systems.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

This ram is just faulty(bad batch maybe). Its the second time I exchange it and it does not work in XMP on 3 diffrent builds I tried it in(not even manually setting timing worked). I have an SSD(my own requirement for any personal build). Its a complete build with everything even aftermarket cooling. The problem is just the horrible case. I had to sacrifice since my budget only allowed for what I got. Truth is I had a great running system on the AMD platform(8370e) and I even used higher quality components including a Corsair 750D case, and a 290x instead of the 970, had a much better PSU as well. I saw the 4690k and a mobo on sale and I returned everything and streached my money to make this intel build happen. Problems I guess where ineveitable since I had to go open box and refurb, plus repurposing this spare case. SSD, 2TB storage drive, ram, and CPU where new though. Mobo and PSU are refurbs(tested working though so no issues from that). The ram is the issue, no way around it. I am just wondering if all this money stretching was worth it. If I go AMD I can have a much better quality build, even though of course the 4690k is faster. If I return the ram and get a better case it still does not change the fact that I had to use a lot of spare parts on the intel build. Stuck without knowng what to do or sacrifice. Too be honest I kind of dont want to get away from 16GB of ram. I play a lot of beta games(Battlefield Hardline comes to mind) and sometimes they are not optomized yet and can have issues with only 8GB. With DX12 around the corner I also feel maybe a overclocked 8350(since going AMD I can have beter cooling) and a 290x will last a little longer than the 4690k and a 970. Plus the added bonus of a higher quality brand build.