EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Classified reaches 1410 MHz on air

tabuburn

Renowned overclocker, K|ngP|n has been playing with EVGA's upcoming GTX 780 Classified and was able to achieve 1410MHz on air using EVGA's new ACX cooler.

He was able to achieve this much overclock by using an overvolting, possibly EVGA's EVBot, tool which allowed him to manually push the voltage past the 1.2v limit set by NVIDIA all the way to 1.35v.

single%20780C%20FS.jpg

These results should be taken with a grain of salt and your mileage may vary because of the silicone lottery. Also, remember that K|ngP|n is an overclocker directly sponsored by EVGA and is part of EVGA's overclocking team. But considering the Classified series is the top of the line for EVGA, the GTX 780 GPU's used on them will definitely be cherry picked just for that line so even if not all will be able to achieve this much on this, even getting half or two-thirds of this would still be nice.

According Chiploco's sources, EVGA will be sending out samples for review and have a retail launch sometime next week. Expect this to be costing a premium just like previous Classified cards but if you consider how much overclocking potential these cards have, these will definitely be GTX Titan killers.

Source:

http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2347

http://www.chiploco.com/evga-geforce-gtx-780-classified-overclock-27002/

94 degree temperature target on the GPU, and a 5GHz overclock on a 3970X? Freaking amazing, even if this is on a cherry-picked 780.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Renowned overclocker, K|ngP|n has been playing with EVGA's upcoming GTX 780 Classified and was able to achieve 1410MHz on air using EVGA's new ACX cooler.

He was able to achieve this much overclock by using an overvolting, possibly EVGA's EVBot, tool which allowed him to manually push the voltage past the 1.2v limit set by NVIDIA all the way to 1.35v.

These results should be taken with a grain of salt and your mileage may vary because of the silicone lottery. Also, remember that K|ngP|n is an overclocker directly sponsored by EVGA and is part of EVGA's overclocking team. But considering the Classified series is the top of the line for EVGA, the GTX 780 GPU's used on them will definitely be cherry picked just for that line so even if not all will be able to achieve this much on this, even getting half or two-thirds of this would still be nice.

According Chiploco's sources, EVGA will be sending out samples for review and have a retail launch sometime next week. Expect this to be costing a premium just like previous Classified cards but if you consider how much overclocking potential these cards have, these will definitely be GTX Titan killers.

Source:

http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2347

http://www.chiploco.com/evga-geforce-gtx-780-classified-overclock-27002/

I think half is hoping too high.

I'd say MAYBE 1/15 of gtx 780's reach that high.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I'm going to try to overclock my Asus gtx780 DCUII as high as I can, but I don't think I can get it that high.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I think half is hoping too high.

I'd say MAYBE 1/15 of gtx 780's reach that high.

Maybe but looking at the past performance of the GTX 680 Classified showed that a lot of those had better binned GPU's than what others had so I would expect this one to have as well.

Are the EVGA classified cards cherry picked?

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

EVGA Classified GPU series have a different power plan. They have 14 Power Phases compared to 8 for the FTW, and 6 for all others. Which will give a better OC capability and stability (that's the Big Line I won't enter in all details). Which means you can get higher frequency most of the time.

Pretty much any Classified (600/700 series) can go at this frequency (if you play with the voltage a bit) (and higher if WC or Ln2)

Edit : @OP, the EVBot doesn't have a software. It's just something external, you just have to update the firmware to X or Z GTX series from EVGA.

Are the EVGA classified cards cherry picked?

Sort of. Just like what ASUS did on the HD 7970 Matrix. They bin a whole bunch of GPU's and use only those that are better than the average ones.