Blue screen - can't get in safe mode

JorenBus
Go to solution Solved by JorenBus,

did you boot to safe mode with networking?

You should only resort to reinstalling your OS as a last measure, you could have recommended running startup repair through a windows install disc/USB

I somehow got it to work by pressing some sort of option called 'boot windows to previous settings' or something like that. My PC is in dutch, so I'm not sure if it's translated like that.

Anyway, that's how I fixed it, and I then fixed the internet problem by completely removing the ethernet driver with the CD that came with my mobo, then reinstalling it.

It's fixed now, but does anyone have an idea what's the reason behind it?

I did not see any hardware flaws, and I didn't install anything fishy the last couple of weeks.

No, I only see the following screen: (it's in dutch)

attachicon.gifIMG_0005.JPG

weird 

what is the boot options for your board

can you check the manual?

The Gigabyte Splash screen bottom will show the key for each options eg DEL key for entering BIOS

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

weird

The Gigabyte Splash screen bottom will show the key for each options eg DEL key for entering BIOS

Now it worked, didn't see I could scroll further to select my USB :D

It's doing the memtest now, I'll get back to you when it's finished.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

weird

Pass complete, no errors.

Then what's causing the blue screens?

post-187087-0-24698900-1429616202_thumb.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Pass complete, no errors.

Then what's causing the blue screens?

PSU prob?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

PSU prob?

My PSU is only 2 months old, and it's a Corsair, so I doubt that's the problem.

My PSU is only 2 months old, and it's a Corsair, so I doubt that's the problem.

not the new part but that VS is a Tier 5 PSU 

not exactly good quality IMO

not the new part but that VS is a Tier 5 PSU

not exactly good quality IMO

Alright, it was a pretty cheap one.

But my system shouldn't take more than 550 Watts, since the only thing that's overclocked is my GPU, not my RAM or CPU.

Alright, it was a pretty cheap one.

But my system shouldn't take more than 550 Watts, since the only thing that's overclocked is my GPU, not my RAM or CPU.

it will deliver the 550 watts

but the caps and circuit are not build to sustain 500+ watts or high load from the GPU

it will deliver the 550 watts

but the caps and circuit are not build to sustain 500+ watts or high load from the GPU

Well it's not that I have a beast GPU that requires a huge amount of power.

Maybe I'll start a new topic, since we're the only ones here who read this :D

Who knows someone will come with a solution.