Need GTA V Settings to give constant 60 fps gameplay

Hi I'm currently trying to get GTA V to run at 60 fps. It runs over 60 fps many times when I'm in a building or looking a simple part of the map; however whenever I'm outside it goes down to 40 fps and when I'm driving very fast it goes down to 30 fps. Is there any way to improve my frames by adjusting some settings. I will have my current settings attached. Also everything in advanced graphics is turned off. One weird thing to note is that going windowed mode (1366 x 768) or fullscreen (1920 x 1080) doesn't really affect my fps either. I don't mind what window resolution I have to use as long as I can get 60 fps with some decent settings.

My build:  https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ViralV3/saved/#view=63Lbt6

post-127605-0-30694600-1429224640_thumb.

post-127605-0-66447200-1429224647_thumb.

Your CPU is the reason you're losing FPS. Try to drop the view distance if their is a setting for this.

And like stated above, reducing population will help a lot.

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro

Your CPU is the reason you're losing FPS. Try to drop the view distance if their is a setting for this.

And like stated above, reducing population will help a lot.

It that what distance scaling is?

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Lol fx6300 and 270x 4gb maxed out gta 5 at 1440p except as at constant 40-45 for

It that what distance scaling is?

I do not have the game, but in an open world game, the CPU is usually to blame for FPS loss. So if their is a Distance setting, try to turn it down until you get your FPS stabilized.

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro

As suggested, take 2-3 clicks off population density,variety and distance. Test for 15-30 minutes and if it still doesn't stay over 60 lower them little more.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

In windowed mode there's a higher load on the pc, don't know why, but that's what i have experienced.

So lower res fullscreen might help.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Lol fx6300 and 270x 4gb maxed out gta 5 at 1440p except as at constant 40-45 for

A 970 and Core i5 can't handle that. Pics or it didn't happen.

What is your AA setting? Smoothing? Shadow AA? Shadow smoothing? 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

A 970 and Core i5 can't handle that. Pics or it didn't happen.

What is your AA setting? Smoothing? Shadow AA? Shadow smoothing? 

Yes it can,

Sorry I will elaborate. 

ultra/very high  

2xmsaa + TXAA 

And you could go higher with the exception of higher AA (vram capped)

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Yes it can

1440p? With DSR and 8x AA on everything? 

1440p? With DSR and 8x AA on everything? 

ultra/very high  

2xmsaa + TXAA 

DSR? really? C'mon man. 8xmsaa - At 1440p is not needed. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

ultra/very high  

2xmsaa + TXAA 

DSR? really? C'mon man. 8xmsaa - At 1440p is not needed. 

Well Mr. 6300 said that his 6300 and 270x could do that. Also, DSR seems to be max settings. Nvidia runs DSR on my computer. 

Well Mr. 6300 said that his 6300 and 270x could do that. Also, DSR seems to be max settings. Nvidia runs DSR on my computer. 

Well that can't. (6300/270x)

And a 970 is borderline anyway with things turned down to a more "general" Ultra/VeryHigh level. Yes you could increase AA AND and do super long shadows, but I would still call it Maxed at that regardless. 

DSR, is downsampling That is unfair addition to the equation. 

Spoiler

Have you downloaded the new driver for AMD I have the same CPU Fx 8320 I was also getting around 30 fops in the city even down to 18 I download the Amd 15.4 driver and fix all of it I now have 60 to 50 all the time sometimes drops down to 40 but isn't that noticeable.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx?hootPostID=2029570326847afdcf9e14314ec5fc8b

You don't need 60 fps in gta anyone like I said at 40-45 it's as smooth as butter I normally always aim for 60 fps but in this case it's just not necessary.

Very demanding settings are grass, reflections, post fx and shadows. Also if you're aiming for 60fps use FXAA only for AA.

Grass is very demanding and on normal you will get back lots of fps. But it doesn't look very good. If you don't like normal use High.

Reflections are also demanding depending of the scene. MSAA for reflections not too much. I use x2 and have almost zero fps loss. And it looks better.

Post fx is very demanding especially very high and ultra. High not that much.

And again you can gain some fps if you use High for shadows instead of very high. Depending on the scene. Some scenes will not show gain at all and some will. Usually at forests and such you will see a big difference. 

For the FX CPUs you can run it 60fps after a little tweaking. My friend has a 8320@stock/gtx 960 and runs with perfect FPS and a beautiful game. Turn MSAA off, and turn Distance scaling to 75%. (My friend didn't tweak anything at all. He had to turn the texture quality down one setting for his 960 though) That CPU is not as bad as people would like to make you think, I use a FX-6300@4.2ghz and I run on ultra except no AA and distance scaling to 75% with perfect FPS. GTA V makes good use of the extra cores in your CPU..

Reset to default video settings

Set distance scaling to 75%

Turn off VSync

Disable MSAA

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

i run everything on max pretty much on my fx

turn off everything in advanced graphix if its on, it tends to murder fps all  arround

i run everything on max pretty much on my fx

turn off everything in advanced graphix if its on, it tends to murder fps all  arround

I'm the only one that doesn't have any problem with the advanced settings?

I have Long shadows on and the other streaming thing on and extended shadow distance to 20%.

And have no problem with performance. 

I'm the only one that doesn't have any problem with the advanced settings?

I have Long shadows on and the other streaming thing on and extended shadow distance to 20%.

And have no problem with performance. 

If you look at my signature there is a link to a method on how to get a lot of extra performance in GTA V.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Turn population density and variety to lowest setting. A 8320 cannot handle it

Thats why my fps goes to 50. Going to try that.

@MasterShittyFXRace

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.