YouTube 301+ conspiracy

sezir

So, I'm sure that some of you have seen videos on YouTube with 301+ views. Well, i was wondering why it was like that and did a quick Google search. I came across this conspiracy that states YouTube has a secret council that decides what videos go viral, and that they control the website.

source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Shocking-Secret-Behind-YouTube-s-301-Views-XKCD-360394.shtml

My opinions of this are:

I do not in any way think the conspiracy is true. i think the 301+ views is a cap designed to prevent videos from going viral until YouTube can check it to make sure that the views are genuine and someone isn't trying to get a video viral with fake or computer generated views. On top of this even if the conspiracy is true, I wouldn't care there system is working... I get the videos i want and i am amused.

So, What do you think of this conspiracy, do you believe it, how do you think conspiracies like this are made

It's something like 301 friends are scientifically the maximum amount any one person can have, so until the views are certified to be genuine they don't increase.  It's only 301 if the views were accumulated in a short period of time as well.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

This conspiracy is false. Here is a video that explains the 301 freeze/301+  :  (numberphile)

I love the Numberphile youtube channel.

This conspiracy is false.

Did that really need to be said? The article was basically just an XKCD comic.

Edit: ignore this post. I didn't look at the article.

No, I will not ignore this post.