Well I'm stumped.

I'm a bowhunter with a passion, I have sponsor a on my hunting page on facebook from one VERY big name company. Anyways I'm looking for a new cam setup goal. Something that I can save up to buy.

Conditions of shooting: Rainy as shit, northwest Oregon. Outdoors low light/no artificial light. 

My requirements:

I need good battery life

I'd like it to be kinda rugged, although most of my possessions even when heavily used look brand new out of the box.

Water resistance is a plus, although not completely needed.

Obviously quality preferably 4K RES if I could get my hands on it.

Doesn't need to be easy to operate, I'm good with learning new stuff.

I'll be using whatever I end up with for nature and hunting films. I'm looking to spend about 1000$ or less for a complete setup of everything I need.

Just as a staple for now I've bought myself a handycam CX330 with a crappy vista tripod. It works but I'm just not happy with what quality I'm getting out of it for a main cam. GREAT secondary cam though. Or to bring along when packing in. 

Here's just a little sample of my stuff that I do. Nothing impressive my first edit and use of this new camera. 

Thanks a ton for reading! ~WSO http://bit.ly/WSoutdoors

I'm not sure what you can get, mainly based on the weather sealing, yet has to be tough, but have good video capabilities. It's like you can only get 2 out of 3 for the budget. :(, maybe a 70D or the original 7D? since you will need some money for lens, and a tripod

I'm looking to spend about 1000$ or less for a complete setup of everything I need.

That is going to be pretty tough to be honest, and there is no chance of getting 4k outside of getting a gopro

I would look into a canon 700d/t5i, a nice fluid video head - manfrotto mv500ah, and a nice bright lens like the 50 f1.8 - you might fit all that into your budget

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What's the battery life on that? Also how's the used buying experience on them? 

Battery life is good but the video quality is between poor and average.

It would help if you explained more about what you're shooting. 

Are you just shooting glam footage of gear? 

Yourself using it on a range? 

A second operator following you out in the forest? 

Are you narrating it while you're in the field or is it all voice over back home? (This is important because YOU NEED GOOD AUDIO of whoever is speaking) 

Recommendations will change with more detail but a good place to start would be the Panasonix FZ1000. It has a great fixed powerzoom tele lens that's great for getting that classic nature film Wide Habitat to Tele Animal shot. I would seriously look more into audio solutions than a camera. Immersive clean audio, with good narration overtop a decent image works better than a great image with that classic hissing you see in so many other nature videos. 

It would help if you explained more about what you're shooting. 

Are you just shooting glam footage of gear? 

Yourself using it on a range? 

A second operator following you out in the forest? 

Are you narrating it while you're in the field or is it all voice over back home? (This is important because YOU NEED GOOD AUDIO of whoever is speaking) 

Recommendations will change with more detail but a good place to start would be the Panasonix FZ1000. It has a great fixed powerzoom tele lens that's great for getting that classic nature film Wide Habitat to Tele Animal shot. I would seriously look more into audio solutions than a camera. Immersive clean audio, with good narration overtop a decent image works better than a great image with that classic hissing you see in so many other nature videos. 

Well I'll mostly be operating it myself. I'll be shooting shots of my gear and of animals being shot (With the camera and a bow haha) 60FPS would be nice. I'll also be using it on myself, so a wide angle lens is a must. Good built in audio is a lifesaver for me.

I'm also right now looking at the FDR-AX33. Even though it has 10X zoom you can crop since it has 4k. I like the idea of a DSLR, but it's not practical in my situation.

Unfortunately what most don't realize is that "Good built in audio" doesn't exist. The built in mic has only one use and that's to sync up footage in post.

NEVER RELY ON BUILT IN MICS unless it's your only option. Think about it this way. Your camera is 10 ft away, so is the mic. Imagine trying to hear a conversation 10 ft away you either have yourself straining to hear anything (Which will be like hissing gain in your audio track) or you people shouting at you, their voice doesn't sound rights, its tiring after a while and it doesn't sound good. For ambient recording you'll have hissing because the built in mic was never designed to work at such low levels.

Audio is the most often forgotten element in video but it's also the most critical even above the image. I can watch a crappy 480p video but the second the clip has hissing in it I turn it off.   

Sony HDR-AS100V

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Unfortunately what most don't realize is that "Good built in audio" doesn't exist. The built in mic has only one use and that's to sync up footage in post.

NEVER RELY ON BUILT IN MICS unless it's your only option. Think about it this way. Your camera is 10 ft away, so is the mic. Imagine trying to hear a conversation 10 ft away you either have yourself straining to hear anything (Which will be like hissing gain in your audio track) or you people shouting at you, their voice doesn't sound rights, its tiring after a while and it doesn't sound good. For ambient recording you'll have hissing because the built in mic was never designed to work at such low levels.

Audio is the most often forgotten element in video but it's also the most critical even above the image. I can watch a crappy 480p video but the second the clip has hissing in it I turn it off.   

Audio isn't an issue, only needed very scarcely. Just would prefer it not be terrible. Although what I'm doing built in is fine.

Panasonic FZ1000 is a good bet.

Lets say @1080p 60FPS how long on a 64GB chip of footage could I fit on? also how's the battery life if I'm out on a long hunting trip. 

Depends on compression my guess is 2-4 hours. I think Quality over quantity

have a  look at the pentax k-50

when asking on which you NLE shud use to edit video I will tell you to get avid and an mac. life is easy when it just works.

You can always try a ribcage modded gopro3+ or newer with lenses

Pretty much decided on the FZ1000, looks to be great. Even for more advanced operators. I'm kind of a noob. I'll pick it up easily.