Nvidia 980Ti or AMD 300 Series For 4K gaming?

kenjigreat

Which would you chose and why?

I know this is pure speculation since we don't have all the information , I'm just curious to see which company people have faith in for 4K.

To Narrow this Discussion Further , I'm more curious about what you think the Price-Performance Ratio Will be.

amd 300 because they will have better manufacturing again

CPU AMD 9590 -- 2x Titan X ---  RAM 32GB KINGSTON---PSU EVGA 1000 ------ HARD DRIVE 2TB WD BLACK -- MOTHERBOARD AMD 900 SERIE

RAZER CRACKEN ---------RAZER NAGA -------------------RAZER CHROMA

english is new language for me so forgive my many mistake / I have moderate autism so im not always correct 

We have no idea. The cards aren't released.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Do not pass off assumptions as facts

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

We have no idea. The cards aren't released.

I know its more of based on past experience , I've bought an AMD card that worked ok for a few years then spazed out , currently using a Nvidia Card.

Actually, it is confirmed that the AMD manufacturing will be THE SAME as before. TSMC denied requests for lower nm chips, the 300 series is on the 28nm die,

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

the gddr7 vram is better than anything nvidia can do

CPU AMD 9590 -- 2x Titan X ---  RAM 32GB KINGSTON---PSU EVGA 1000 ------ HARD DRIVE 2TB WD BLACK -- MOTHERBOARD AMD 900 SERIE

english is new language for me so forgive my many mistake / I have moderate autism so im not always correct 

Are you referring to the 970 3.5 GB Fiasco?

Its HBM not gddr7

Its HBM not gddr7

Can someone explain in simple terms the difference between the two?

AMD is supposedly using HBM.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Its HBM not gddr7

the spped is the same

Can someone explain in simple terms the difference between the two?

GDDR5 vs HBM?

First off, it's HBM. Second, you're assuming HBM is what's going to give the R9 390X massive performance boosts over GTX 980 Ti. If speculation is anything to go by (and it's iffy), the R9 390X is going to perform maybe 5-10% better than GTX 980 Ti at reference speeds, and the GTX 980 Ti will overclock really well (assuming it's a GTX TITAN X with 1/2 the VRAM.)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

the spped is the same

GDDR7 doesn't exist.

I would go for the 980ti but they are still not realest yet so we will not know what is better

IAN :o

the spped is the same

Considering GDDR7 isn't even a thing, it's not.

And even if it did, that's like me saying it's a Bugatti Veyron when it's actually a Hennessey Venom GT on the principle that they are right about as fast as each other.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

That and GDDR7 Vs HBM

Higher bandwidth. Much higher. GDDR7 isn't real.

That and GDDR7 Vs HBM

the spped is the same

There is no such thing as GDDR7

Which is still an assumption, you are banking on the idea that it will be a flawless release. We don't know anything about the cards so you should not pass off any idea's that you assume to be true as facts. Not only do you spread misinformation by doing that you build up hype that could end up not being fulfilled, and if any group of people knows about unfulfilled hype it's AMD fans.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Which is still an assumption, you are banking on the idea that it will be a flawless release. We don't know anything about the cards so you should not pass off any idea's that you assume to be true as facts. Not only do you spread misinformation by doing that you build up hype that could end up not being fulfilled, and if any group of people knows about unfulfilled hype it's AMD fans.

We DO know that HBM is faster then GDDR5 but by how much we dont.

But thanks for putting that out there, I hate people taking speculations as facts

SPECULATION.

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud.