new system build not turning on

azurite2

okay so I just built a new PC and I'm plugging it in and turning it on and it wont turn everything on. the motherboard comes on only because I can see the lights but the graphics card hard drives all that is not coming on. any help would be much appreciated as I don't want to send all the parts back

CPU Intel Core i7-9700K MOBO ROG STRIX Z390-E RAM  G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition CASE  NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case STORAGE  Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 and Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM PSU Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX OS Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-bit)

Do they have power?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Were you using an Anti-static strap?

Also, try using 1 ram stick at a time maybe.

And the PC will only start when the led indicator on the motherboards turns off, if it doesn't consult your manual with the error code that the led is giving.

It would be useful if you gave us the specs

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Is your display output on your gpu and not your mobo

Also more detail please and specs

Make sure you start with your display attached to your mobo, you probably have some driver issues with your GPU

Does the motherboard stay on or does it switch itself off after a few seconds?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tRX9pgThis is the part picker site. The fancy red LED's on the mobo come on but nothing else no HDD or anything else. I started with the display plugged in as well.

CPU Intel Core i7-9700K MOBO ROG STRIX Z390-E RAM  G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition CASE  NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case STORAGE  Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 and Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM PSU Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX OS Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-bit)

Does the motherboard stay on or does it switch itself off after a few seconds?

At least the leds on it stay on.

At least the leds on it stay on.

does the CPU fan keep spinning while the leds are on?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

does the CPU fan keep spinning while the leds are on?

I think I figured it out, I'm just an idiot I forgot to hook up one of the cables.

I think I figured it out, I'm just an idiot I forgot to hook up one of the cables.

let us know if it is fixed.   (cpu atx header?)

let us know if it is fixed.   (cpu atx header?)

Ya although I don't know what to search for to find that cable.

Ya although I don't know what to search for to find that cable.

If you've never forgotten to plug one of those in then it's because you haven't built enough computers :D

It should be part of the PSU cable kit. 

EDIT: is your PSU modular?  if not it will be there somewhere, probably hidden behind a clump of cables.

If you've never forgotten to plug one of those in then it's because you haven't built enough computers :D

It should be part of the PSU cable kit. 

EDIT: is your PSU modular?  if not it will be there somewhere, probably hidden behind a clump of cables.

Yes it is modular but the only one I had, I needed for my GPU, unless I did something wrong

Yes it is modular but the only one I had, I needed for my GPU, unless I did something wrong

yes they are different, there should be a separate one label PCIe or similar for the gpu, the ATX one will only have 4 pins.

yes they are different, there should be a separate one label PCIe or similar for the gpu, the ATX one will only have 4 pins.

Ok you are the best person in the world it is working now! The bios however is very yellow is that a problem?

Edit: also if you couldn't tell this is my first build how do i get the OS on the computer?

Ok you are the best person in the world it is working now! The bios however is very yellow is that a problem?

Edit: also if you couldn't tell this is my first build how do i get the OS on the computer?

What video cable are you using, if it's vga it might just be loose or a dodgy cable, for anything else wait until you get the OS on and the all the drivers updated and see if that makes a difference.

We all start somewhere,  I've seen experienced builders (myself included) that overlook or misplace stuff like this, it's par for the course.