most unused keyboard key?

coder-guy22296

Pause

Break

I don't even know what the Hell it does!

its used for DOS/Command Line to pause something thats running. On non UEFI BIOS you can pause the the text on the POST so you can actually read it also.

The menu key is actually quite useful to those of us who navigate mostly using a keyboard. Also when coding or doing stuff in batch or via Command Line. Most of the Home key cluster is quite helpfull with all of that.

W S A D

Thought it was "most used", was wondering why everyone was saying Pause, home, end, ext. lol

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

• 5 years later...

probably pause break, since ~ is used to cross out text, and home and end are useful for getting to the end of the row without holding down the arrow keys 

Depends on which keyboard I'm using. The Asus laptop I do a lot of work on uses rare keys like Scroll Lock and even Insert as freaking FUNCTION keys on NumLock and the upper Delete key respectively. In my case, because of a bad habit I developed, the key I seem to use the least is the right Shift. Even PauseBreak gets more use because of how I've bound it in a few games.

As for my Junkitron desktop, it has one of those CM Storm backlit keyboards which use Scroll Lock to toggle the LEDs. I wonder if they used that instead of a proprietary button just to get some people to register pressing Scroll Lock more often?

What is a mad scientist but a wizard who writes things down?

the internet button 

CD24BE59-F90F-46FA-B645-753D49BC37A2.jpeg

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧