Budget Mechanical Keyboard

Earache

I'm looking for a budget USB full sized mechanical keyboard for my LAN rig.

By budget I mean the least expensive mechanical keyboard you know of. It doesn't have to use any particular switches.

While I'm researching I would appreciate your suggestions or finds. Thanks everyone!

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]

I use a Blackwidow 2014 and it's amazing. $180 (AUD)

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I'm looking for a budget full sized mechanical keyboard for my LAN rig. By budget I mean the least expensive mechanical keyboard you know of. It doesn't have to use any particular switches.

While I'm researching I would appreciate your suggestions or finds. Thanks everyone!

You are definitely going to want to go over the various switch types. I imagine that you would rather type on something that feels good in your hands for $10 more rather than something that feels terrible because it has X switches and you didn't do your research. Check out the link in my sig for that info.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Eww, Kailhs. Also, definitely not going to be a cheap keyboard either.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Eww, Kailhs. Also, definitely not going to be a cheap keyboard either.

true dat

Thanks for your input mate, but that's definitely not 'budget' friendly.

You are definitely going to want to go over the various switch types. I imagine that you would rather type on something that feels good in your hands for $10 more rather than something that feels terrible because it has X switches and you didn't do your research. Check out the link in my sig for that info.

Good point, I like MX Cherry Black & Brown, as well as generic Dell/IBM style switches. That said, due to my typing style I can adapt to any keyswitch but prefer a more weighted style.

Good point, I like MX Cherry Black & Brown, as well as generic Dell/IBM style switches. That said, due to my typing style I can adapt to any keyswitch but prefer a more weighted style.

Here ya go man http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cougar-keyboard-attack22b

a 10 keyless is great for LAN partys the Corsair K65 is ~80USD

LianLi A71F Fulltower - i7 3770k delided + Corsair H60 - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb @2133 Mhz - Sabertooth Z77 - Asrock Vega 56 - Asus Xonar Essence STX - Creative SoundBlaster Omni - 2x Corsair Force GT 120 Gb - 2x WD Green 2 Tb - 1x WD Blue 2 Tb - Corsair K70 w/ Red switches - Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

Cherry MX Super Blacks are the way to go then. :P

>150 grams of force to activate. Those switches are insane. http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Super_Black

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

a 10 keyless is great for LAN partys the Corsair K65 is ~80USD

I want a full sized keyboard so it can also double for professional purposes. I'm looking more in the $40 price range. Maybe used on eBay is my best bet.

Still out of my price range. It will be used infrequently so I don't want to spend a lot.

I did forget that PC Part Picker has keyboards too, I will have to look into that.

That much is as cheap as it gets my friend...

You can look for used stuff though. Used mechanical keyboards are usually pretty safe.

Look for an old used IBM Model M. There might be some educational institutions that still have ancient IBM PS/2 computers sitting around, ready to be thrown out whenever. These came with Model M keyboards, the original mechanical keyboard. Sure, you'd need a PS/2 to USB converter unless you have a PS/2 keyboard port, but it would be the cheapest option. It's down to luck though. You could also find a Model M on ebay, but people are starting to ask a lot for those now.

I'm looking for a budget USB full sized mechanical keyboard for my LAN rig.

By budget I mean the least expensive mechanical keyboard you know of. It doesn't have to use any particular switches.

Look if your looking for the cheapest I believe it's the rosewill striker but it has knock of cherry blues it rattles its quite badly made so you might as well just go membrane if your not willing to spend extra for quality