HELP!

Dobbsjr

learning python the hard way

learning C the hard way

learning ruby the hard way.

that's actually the book titles.

there are also websites dedicated to teaching programming

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

I've always wanted to learn how to code, but I'm having trouble really getting into it, if you know what I mean. What are the best tutorials/guides for an absolute beginner like me?

follow your topic.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

learning C the hard way

Which language do you recommend learning first?

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

c or C++ it will be hard, but it will help you understand so much. then other languages will be easier.

Or go to lynda :) I learned drupal 6 and 7 there when I was still 14.

And after that c# and js

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

That all depends on what you want to achieve and what platform you are targeting.

learning C the hard way

Are there any other good tutorials for C/C++ for beginners?

snip

Follow your topics (above and to the right of your original post)

Codecademy is a great website for absolute beginners who want to program. I would suggest learning Python.

You can also learn Python with this free book that can be downloaded as a pdf.

I have used both of these resources, and they are excellent. Python is a great language for complete beginners.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Follow your topics (above and to the right of your original post)

Codecademy is a great website for absolute beginners who want to program. I would suggest learning Python.

You can also learn Python with this free book that can be downloaded as a pdf.

I have used both of these resources, and they are excellent. Python is a great language for complete beginners.

Thanks, but I want to learn C first. Any suggestions on that or should I just learn Python first?

I've always wanted to learn how to code, but I'm having trouble really getting into it, if you know what I mean. What are the best tutorials/guides for an absolute beginner like me?

come on ... really?

this question has been now asked about 21.324 times ... in this forum alone.

if you can't even look up those threads, you probably shouldn't even start to try programming.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Thanks, but I want to learn C first. Any suggestions on that or should I just learn Python first?

C has a very steep learning curve. It will be pretty difficult for a complete beginner programmer to learn C. It would also take WAY longer to master the C language. Python is much easier to learn and wouldn't take nearly as long to master. Also, many of the things you will learn by learning Python will be applicable to other programming languages (but C is the same way).

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Honestly, buy a book. It's more consistent and easy to follow than some random websites online.

Programming can be difficult to teach yourself, especially without motivation. A college class will push you to learn, unless you don't care about hardly passing, or failing entirely.

Programming is dumb. If you want to "learn how to code", give up now.

If you want to actually do something that requires you know how to code, you'll get a lot farther.

if you want a easy pz start you can start with javascript it's really easy to learn you'll not be able to do awsome thing in it but you can do some useful things . if you're more hardcore go for c or c++ as you'll be able to do more with it and it will help you understand more

Honestly, buy a book. It's more consistent and easy to follow than some random websites online.

Programming can be difficult to teach yourself, especially without motivation. A college class will push you to learn, unless you don't care about hardly passing, or failing entirely.

the problem with class is that people are usually not really good and not really hardworking so if you're good you'll get bored really quickly. Book are the best way I think the only problem is that you cannot ask the book question www. The absolute best way is to have a friend that know how to code and who is willing to teach you. Also private teacher is a good way to but yeah not free.