I've been out of the air cooling game for a while

Jedicake

"Hyper 212 this, Hyper 212 that"

Love the Hyper 212! But there's had to be innovation since CM's mainstream coolers and Noctua coolers. Any other great unique budget air coolers?

Or does the term "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" apply to this?

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

The term does apply to this type of scenario, but that doesn't mean it will stop you from changing and upgrading it to your likings

I recommend you to look at Thermalright Archon IB-E x2, great cooler, had it for awhile before I switched to a water loop.

Thermalight Macho and Rajintek/Cryorig coolers are good bang for buck.

Nothing revolutionary...

I totally forgot about bequiet's coolers. I'm actually interested in near silence in my itx build, I'll look into their coolers, thanks guys!

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.