RJ45 Wall Passthrough

Hi Ltt

I am currently looking for a wall passthrough for the RJ45 connection for the internet. So I can run a cable from unit to the wall and than another cable from the wall to the modem/router.

Something like this http://silink.en.alibaba.com/product/732664064-212614575/Systimax_RJ45_Faceplate_Single_Port_Dual_Port_Four_Port.html

I am not sure that's exactly what I need so if you know where I can find what I am after please point me in the right way.

Regards

Prime

1. get a drill

2. drill a hole

3. run your cable through the hole

4. done

I'm after something cleaner, also so I can change the cables if I have too

Also the holes are interior to exterior so I don't want to let bugs in

oww but wait.. why does one need wired internet outside? dont you have rain?

Yes, we get plenty of rain.

The house I live in was never designed thinking about the future. We have these ducts between the top level and the bottom level and the top level is slightly larger. We run cables through the ducts or under the overhang from upstairs to downstairs and vice versa. I intend to eventually install maintenance panels to insulates the cables but I want a clean faceplate similar to the the tv faceplates.

Yes, we get plenty of rain.

The house I live in was never designed thinking about the future. We have these ducts between the top level and the bottom level and the top level is slightly larger. We run cables through the ducts or under the overhang from upstairs to downstairs and vice versa. I intend to eventually install maintenance panels to insulates the cables but I want a clean faceplate similar to the the tv faceplates.

ah, wont a bit of cement around the cable when its there help also? then only the cable comes out and no bugs come in

ah, wont a bit of cement around the cable when its there help also? then only the cable comes out and no bugs come in

Could work but I am after a cleaner option. I am sure there is one out there but I do not know exactly what I am looking for

You can get a single or double rj45 flush plate from Bunnings ,or any electrical wholesaler ie AWM ,Middys etc where you can purchase the rj45 modules (cat 5) separately and fit single or up to 4 on one flush plate.

You can get a single or double rj45 flush plate from Bunnings ,or any electrical wholesaler ie AWM ,Middys etc where you can purchase the rj45 modules (cat 5) separately and fit single or up to 4 on one flush plate.

rj45 = cat 5? cat 5 is slow, if you are doing anything new, go with cat 5e cables, that's 1000 mbit instead of cat 5's 100 mbit

rj45 = cat 5? cat 5 is slow, if you are doing anything new, go with cat 5e cables, that's 1000 mbit instead of cat 5's 100 mbit

RJ45 is merely the connector; the way the cable is run determines how the connection performs.

cat5e and cat6 are also RJ45 connectors.

RJ45 is merely the connector; the way the cable is run determines how the connection performs.

cat5e and cat6 are also RJ45 connectors.

The cable rating is not determined by the run, it is determined by the rated test by a licensed contractor ,which I happen to be (45 yrs experience and licenced)

The cable rating is not determined by the run, it is determined by the rated test by a licensed contractor ,which I happen to be (45 yrs experience and licenced)

I thought it was wired differently internally for different categories. Learn something every day!

My point still stands I think; RJ45 isn't for only cat5. Cat5e and cat6 will also connect in an RJ45 socket

for wallplates you will need 

the plates

http://www.amazon.com/Legrand-WP3401WH-1Gang-1Port-Plate/dp/B0034XRLGQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1428760222&sr=8-4&keywords=ethernet+wall+plate

keystones for the right cable your using

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-25-Pack-Keystone-Punch-Down/dp/B004D5PFGW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1428760317&sr=8-4&keywords=ethernet+keystone

a cable stripper

http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-RJ-45-RJ-12-RJ-11-TC-CT68/dp/B0000AZK4G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428760390&sr=8-1&keywords=ethernet+cable+crimper+kit

and a punch down tool for putting cables in the block

http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Punch-Krone-Blade-TC-PDT/dp/B0000AZK4D/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428760439&sr=8-1&keywords=ethernet+punch+down+tool

and plugs for the other end

http://www.amazon.com/100-Cat6-Cat5E-Crimp-Connectors/dp/B003M5BIII/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1428760565&sr=1-1&keywords=rj45

and a guide video to help ya as help as well

hope it helps

I was hoping for a cut, install and forget.

But than HaraldR says

Looks like I will be paying Bunnings a visit, Might even get a Sausage Sizzle :D