Is GTA 5 and Witcher 3 going to show other developers how to make and optimize games?

bydus

I sure hope it does but want to see it happen, ubisoft, ea and other companies have made so many shitty ports that should be sued for selling a broken product. Looks like gta 5 and witcher 3 could pull it off. 

I sure hope it does but want to see it happen, ubisoft, ea and other companies have made so many shitty ports that should be sued for selling a broken product. Looks like gta 5 and witcher 3 could pull it off. 

They are both not even released yet, and Rockstar's GTA IV wasn't too good of a port either. Only reason that Rockstar MAY pull it off, is because they delayed it.

So many 12 year olds screaming about that though.

So many.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

lol Ubisoft will never know how to optimize a game

Correction:

Ubisoft (since 2013), will never know how to make a game.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

They are both not even released yet, and Rockstar's GTA IV wasn't too good of a port either. Only reason that Rockstar MAY pull it off, is because they delayed it.

So many.

Plus the team from Max Payne 3 is working on it. Max Payne 3 was a brilliant PC port. Hopefully they learned from their mistake with GTA IV

So many.

There is no way Rockstar can screw this up, it's been delayed far too long

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

There is no way Rockstar can screw this up, it's been delayed far too long

If they do screw it up though I'm staying away from forums for a month to wait for the shitstorm to calm down.

Don't forget to Like the things you like!

Plus the team from Max Payne 3 is working on it. Max Payne 3 was a brilliant PC port. Hopefully they learned from their mistake with GTA IV

Which is the very same team that did GTA IV PC port

Also be aware that GTA IV runs great indoors, which is where most of max payne 3 takes place.

Rockstar Toronto dev'd GTA IV and V's PC ports, and Rockstar Vancouver Made Max Payne 3 and Vancouver was merged into Toronto.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Which is the very same team that did GTA IV PC port

Also be aware that GTA IV runs great indoors, which is where most of max payne 3 takes place.

Rockstar Toronto dev'd GTA IVs PC port, and Rockstar Vancouver Made Max Payne 3 and Vancouver was merged into Toronto.

GTA IV was the very first version of the RAGE engine. IDK if you owned it on console, but it ran like shit on consoles too. It was an ambitious project, and R* did a better job than people credit them for IMHO. Max Payne 3 was a really well optimized game, and a lot of what they learned probably carried over to GTA V. Also any open world game runs great indoors lol.

Core i5 4670k @4.0Ghz stock voltage w/ Corsair H100i | MSI GD65 Gaming Board | GIGABYTE R9 290 | 16GB G.Skill Memory @2133mhz | 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | 20GB FUJITSU 5400rpm Xbox 360 HDD | EVGA 750W Power Supply | Lian Li Alpha 330

GTA IV was the very first version of the RAGE engine. IDK if you owned it on console, but it ran like shit on consoles too. It was an ambitious project, and R* did a better job than people credit them for IMHO. Max Payne 3 was a really well optimized game, and a lot of what they learned probably carried over to GTA V. Also any open world game runs great indoors lol.

Actually i rented it on PS3 and it crashed my system, r* promised it would be fixed but they never did. I got IV with my 360 when i got that in 2010, it runs better than V does on the 360 for example.

I never said IV was a bad port for lack of effort, ive defended the work they did on this forum before, they put a lot of effort into making it customize able, and adjustable to your performance level, but it seems like the work was never done to optimize the code for >30 framerates. 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Actually i rented it on PS3 and it crashed my system, r* promised it would be fixed but they never did. I got IV with my 360 when i got that in 2010, it runs better than V does on the 360 for example.

I never said IV was a bad port for lack of effort, ive defended the work they did on this forum before, they put a lot of effort into making it customize able, and adjustable to your performance level, but it seems like the work was never done to optimize the code for >30 framerates. 

I can see what you're saying. I'm just personally not worried about GTA V at all. They know exactly what PC gamers want this time around.

Edit: TBH my 550 ti ran GTA IV pretty well. I could put mid high settings, low-mid view settings, and get 40-60 fps most of the time. The game seems kinda bad on AMD hardware though. My 290 didn't scale up in from my 550 ti as much as I would have liked in GTA IV.

Core i5 4670k @4.0Ghz stock voltage w/ Corsair H100i | MSI GD65 Gaming Board | GIGABYTE R9 290 | 16GB G.Skill Memory @2133mhz | 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | 20GB FUJITSU 5400rpm Xbox 360 HDD | EVGA 750W Power Supply | Lian Li Alpha 330

You can say a lot about EA but their PC games are almost all great optimized most are PC games ported to console.

Battlefield 3 was on of the first game to ditch DX9 and was ahead of most games that came out the same year.

And Battlefield 4 was the first game to use Mantle and DX11.1 on Windows 8/8.1.

They're often buggy but they aren't bad optimized.(EA has learned from Battlefield 4 though they haven't released a single broken game since that)

RTX2070OC 

only time will tell ...

whats the time mr.Wolf ,GTA FiiiiiiiVE!

I can see what you're saying. I'm just personally not worried about GTA V at all. They know exactly what PC gamers want this time around.

I'm not too worried about the port, i expect good performance from what R* has said, 7870 is 1080 60 on low, im not that interested in the game, my dad bought the PS4 version on ebay for $25 bucks and i tried that, there were lots of frame drops, it still ran worse than IV on 360, but rockstar put out a patch to improve performance about a week ago that looks pretty good

Also nothing snide or anything, but the 360 version of IV ran at about 40FPS most of the time ,since it was unlocked, and the PS3 IV was smoother than V as well

https://youtu.be/5iv0s4qWCuE

MGS Ground Zeroes already showed people how to port games to pc properly despite not having a lot of experience doing it.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

I'm not too worried about the port, i expect good performance from what R* has said, 7870 is 1080 60 on low, im not that interested in the game, my dad bought the PS4 version on ebay for $25 bucks and i tried that, there were lots of frame drops, it still ran worse than IV on 360, but rockstar put out a patch to improve performance about a week ago that looks pretty good

Also nothing snide or anything, but the 360 version of IV ran at about 40FPS most of the time ,since it was unlocked, and the PS3 IV was smoother than V as well

It only seems a little better than GTA V from what I can tell. GTA IV averages about 28-32 FPS, and GTA V is about 26-30, but it also seems capped at 30(I skimmed through both videos). Considering how good GTA V looks, IMO that's fair. I agree though, frame drops are pretty bad in GTA V. Some of that is glitches though. Around my apartment about 20 signs spawn and collide and cause massive lag (12-15 fps lol), but that should be fixed or get fixed soon.  I think GTA IV had a higher max frames, but the ones close to 40 were at night. I'm guessing many of the night effects were turned off on consoles, as night time hurts my framerate more than day on the PC version, with all the shadowing and stuff. I also saw it hit the low twenties in GTA IV, almost as much as GTA V. I only saw it go near 20 or below in really high intensity scenarios, IE lots of cars blowing up, in GTA V.

MGS Ground Zeroes already showed people how to port games to pc properly despite not having a lot of experience doing it.

60FPS lock-Check

no 21:9 support-check

mouse sensitivity bug with zoom-check

ill give it that performance is great, but its far from perfect.

It only seems a little better than GTA V from what I can tell. GTA IV averages about 28-32 FPS, and GTA V is about 26-30, but it also seems capped at 30(I skimmed through both videos). Considering how good GTA V looks, IMO that's fair. I agree though, frame drops are pretty bad in GTA V. Some of that is glitches though. Around my apartment about 20 signs spawn and collide and cause massive lag (12-15 fps lol), but that should be fixed or get fixed soon.  I think GTA IV had a higher max frames, but the ones close to 40 were at night. I'm guessing many of the night effects were turned off on consoles, as night time hurts my framerate more than day on the PC version, with all the shadowing and stuff. I also saw it hit the low twenties in GTA IV, almost as much as GTA V. I only saw it go near 20 or below in really high intensity scenarios, IE lots of cars blowing up, in GTA V.

Yeah it's impressive what they got on the same hardware, poly counts, resolution, draw distance, density and IQ in general are up pretty good around the board.