GTX980 Ti is a Titan with less cores?

VioDuskar

so, i was reading this, and it seems like the 980Ti is supposedly a thing.

http://wccftech.com/amd-r9-390x-nvidia-gtx-980ti-titanx-benchmarks/

WTF is this?

if this correct it's looking like the 390x is worth an investment.

and the 980Ti is real. and a discount titan.

a9CqJk6.jpg

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

again the source is WCCF

take everything they say with salt 

lots of it

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

It's but a rumour though. And WCCFtech has no problem slinging out the most unreliable rumours out there. Other than that they are horribly biased i'd take everything on there with a big mighty scoop fo salt. 

The real question is freesync or g-sync!

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Honestly, the safest measure is to wait for reviews before believeing anything. I don't believe it until confirmed by a respected reviewer.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Now i have to upgrade to the 390x :wacko:  

From a source I cannot say I was told that it is a titan x just with 6gb vram but everything else is the same 

again the source is WCCF

take everything they say with salt 

lots of it

WCCF always likes to go with the better sounding rumour when it comes to their "leaks" early on. I'd wait a little bit and see if anything regarding the core count changes.

I also highly disbelieve that the 390X is supposed to have 4096 Stream Processors because the 290X was also supposed to have that and look what we got, about 30% more than 100%. I won't be surprised if it's somewhere in the low 3000 range instead of over 4000.

Always trying to find reason.