Crosshair Vengance 1500 Code 43

RisingWarrior

I have got a little problem with my headset. I have turned on my PC this morning just to find out that my headset (Crosshair Vengance 1500) doesn't work anymore.

I have already plugged it into a different USB-Port and even into another PC, but it still wouldn't work. On both my PC and my notebook it showed error code 43

in the device manager. I have also re-installed the drivers and software in their latest version for it and it didn't help either. Running the PC in save mode also

didn't help so I assume that it isn't a software issue. The PC runs on Windows 7 x64, the notebook runs on Windows 10 x64. The headset had served me well for over a year now but now I don't know what I should do.

Error 43 happens when Windows stops the process. So basically what is happening is you're plugging the device in, the computer tells the device to turn on, the device responds with "cool" or "Hold on" and when Windows hears it say "Hold on" Windows will be like your high school girlfriend and be like "Nevermind you bum, just go on somewhere".

As far as a resolution to the problem, if you have another less bossy OS *cough* *Linux* *cough*... Give that a shot it might let it work kinda sorta, maybe. But I'd kinda think the headset has seen its day.

Also, try cleaning the connectors to make sure the USB connectors are getting a good contact.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

There can be a variaty of reasons why this is happening. I'd recommed going trying methode 3. 4 and 5 of this guide, if you haven't already.

From what you decribe, it sounds like the headset might be faulty in some way, but let's wait and see before I make a conclusion.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Thanks for immediate response. :)

Error 43 happens when Windows stops the process. So basically what is happening is you're plugging the device in, the computer tells the device to turn on, the device responds with "cool" or "Hold on" and when Windows hears it say "Hold on" Windows will be like your high school girlfriend and be like "Nevermind you bum, just go on somewhere".

As far as a resolution to the problem, if you have another less bossy OS *cough* *Linux* *cough*... Give that a shot it might let it work kinda sorta, maybe. But I'd kinda think the headset has seen its day.

Also, try cleaning the connectors to make sure the USB connectors are getting a good contact.

I have cleaned the connectors but without success. But I like the idea of trying it on a linux-based machine. I usually have a linux-based os on my notebook, but I wanted to try the windows 10 tech preview. :) 

There can be a variaty of reasons why this is happening. I'd recommed going trying methode 3. 4 and 5 of this guide, if you haven't already.

From what you decribe, it sounds like the headset might be faulty in some way, but let's wait and see before I make a conclusion.

The only thing that I didn't do from that list was to do Windows updates. It didn't help though. :(

Thanks for immediate response. :)

I have cleaned the connectors but without success. But I like the idea of trying it on a linux-based machine. I usually have a linux-based os on my notebook, but I wanted to try the windows 10 tech preview. :)

The only thing that I didn't do from that list was to do Windows updates. It didn't help though. :(

Just becuase I'm curious: Is the headset recognized by the Windows sound manager?

I also support the idea, of trying the headset on a Linux machine.

Just becuase I'm curious: Is the headset recognized by the Windows sound manager?

I also support the idea, of trying the headset on a Linux machine.

I just bought tickets to go see Volbeat in Evansville IN on something like May 14th... sooooo stoaked

Edit: just noticed your name isn't Volbeat, its Volbet... that's how stoaked I am.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I just bought tickets to go see Volbeat in Evansville IN on something like May 14th... sooooo stoaked

Edit: just noticed your name isn't Volbeat, its Volbet... that's how stoaked I am.

Well, this is going to go off topic...

I'm not persoanlly a big fan of Volbeat. I liked them better when they were known as Dominus

I have seen Volbeat live a bunch of time. Since I live in Denmark, a liveshow isn't hard to catch.

Windows Sound Manager doesn't recognize them. I have also tried them on a Windows 8.1 machine and on a Ubuntu 14.10 machine. Both of them recognized that something was plugged in but thats it. I guess they are dead. :(