Should I replace thermal paste?

Hey forum.

I have an ASUS GTX 680 DirectCUII (not the DirectCUII TOP) and I'm wondering if I should replace the thermal paste on it. I got the card second hand, and it probably hasn't been messed with yet.

I decided to run Furmark and monitor the temps in AfterBurner. It's getting right up to 98 degrees at times (fans maxed out, quite loud) and airflow isn't the worst either (I have a Silent Series R2 blowing air right at it).

QqSaOCH.jpg

So, I'm wondering if I should replace the thermal paste on this to see if I can improve temperatures. I'm not scared of doing it or anything, I'm just not sure if it's necessary. I don't seem to be getting throttling at the moment.

Thanks.

Sig under construction.

I think it`s a good idea. I replace the stock thermal compound of my GTX 770 with the MX-4, and the temps go down 5 to 12 degrees. So you should give it a try.

Hey forum.

I have an ASUS GTX 680 DirectCUII (not the DirectCUII TOP) and I'm wondering if I should replace the thermal paste on it. I got the card second hand, and it probably hasn't been messed with yet.

I decided to run Furmark and monitor the temps in AfterBurner. It's getting right up to 98 degrees at times (fans maxed out, quite loud) and airflow isn't the worst either (I have a Silent Series R2 blowing air right at it).

QqSaOCH.jpg

So, I'm wondering if I should replace the thermal paste on this to see if I can improve temperatures. I'm not scared of doing it or anything, I'm just not sure if it's necessary. I don't seem to be getting throttling at the moment.

Thanks.

why not? Its not to expensive or to difficult to do anyway

Yes you should probably change it...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Well it couldn't hurt. The warranty is probably over anyway.

What warranty? It went with the original owner (:

Yes you should probably change it...

Okay, gonna buy some MX-4 then...

Sig under construction.