Folding Rig, Where Do I Start?

So you have your radiator set as exhaust then? Would it be better if you ran it as an intake? Or maybie even in push pull? I have the room to run in push pull... But I think I would need different screws to do that right? I've never done a push pull setup before...

Yes, I have my radiator set as exhaust. If you were to set the radiator as intake then all the heat would build up inside the case and potentially overheat the GPU, definitely set it to exhaust. I would suggest using a push set up because I know it works quite well, but if you have the extra fan it wouldn't hurt to test push/pull. I believe the radiator comes with 4 fan mounting screws and it is possible to mount each fan with only 2 screws. Its not the most secure, but it works. Depending on the case you may need a couple washers for the outside, but other than that you should be fine.

I was thinking of ditching the fan that is included with the car and going with 2 corsair static pressure series fans. I wanna hook them both up to a fan header with a splitter cable, so that I can control them by the card temps maybie? Sounds like a good plan to me, idk how well it will actually work. Does something like that sound plausable?

Well, the included fan is already being controlled by the GPU, so you could just use the splitter on the card's fan header and it will control the fans itself. If you were to, for some reason, hook the radiator fans up to a motherboard header instead, then the fan speed would always be constant and you would need to go into the bios to adjust them. Unless I misunderstood, I think you would be better off letting the GPU regulate its own temperatures.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Yes, I have my radiator set as exhaust. If you were to set the radiator as intake then all the heat would build up inside the case and potentially overheat the GPU, definitely set it to exhaust. I would suggest using a push set up because I know it works quite well, but if you have the extra fan it wouldn't hurt to test push/pull. I believe the radiator comes with 4 fan mounting screws and it is possible to mount each fan with only 2 screws. Its not the most secure, but it works. Depending on the case you may need a couple washers for the outside, but other than that you should be fine.

Well, the included fan is already being controlled by the GPU, so you could just use the splitter on the card's fan header and it will control the fans itself. If you were to, for some reason, hook the radiator fans up to a motherboard header instead, then the fan speed would always be constant and you would need to go into the bios to adjust them. Unless I misunderstood, I think you would be better off letting the GPU regulate its own temperatures.

Does the card come with 2 fans or does it only ship with one? and the fans wont be connected to a motherboard header, they will be connected to my Grid+ fan hub, i can control them with the software for the grid+ chances are i wont have any issues with the default single fan configuration anyway, and if i do then, like you said i could just run two fans off of the card header. Ill do some testing with the card and if the temperatures aren't too high then i will probably just do a splitter off of the card, as long as that works right.

But like you said, your card hasn't throttled, and as long as i keep good intake in the case i should be able to control the temperature just fine.

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

Does the card come with 2 fans or does it only ship with one? and the fans wont be connected to a motherboard header, they will be connected to my Grid+ fan hub, i can control them with the software for the grid+ chances are i wont have any issues with the default single fan configuration anyway, and if i do then, like you said i could just run two fans off of the card header. Ill do some testing with the card and if the temperatures aren't too high then i will probably just do a splitter off of the card, as long as that works right.

But like you said, your card hasn't throttled, and as long as i keep good intake in the case i should be able to control the temperature just fine.

Yes, the card only ships with one radiator fan. I had never heard of the Grid+ before, I wish they had stuff like that when I was planning out my very first build. Controlling all the fans was a nightmare  :P  

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Yeah, I'm hoping everything goes okay if I just install it with the stock config. If not I'll ha e to buy another grid+ for my folding rig, and set it up... Hopefully everything just works out of the box.

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

But hey, as soon as I get the final parts I'll let you know @Me1z I'll also probobly ask for advice on configuring it. Did you go with just GPU folding? Your CPU doesn't fold at all? How did you configure things like that?

Lol, sorry about all the questions. I just wanna make sure I do it right the first Tims, and spend the smallest amount of cash and headache possible.

But hey, as soon as I get the final parts I'll let you know @Me1z I'll also probobly ask for advice on configuring it. Did you go with just GPU folding? Your CPU doesn't fold at all? How did you configure things like that?

Yes, I have mine set up to only GPU fold. After you install the F@H client, you open up the advanced control, click 'configure' and under the 'slots' tab you remove the CPU slot. When you click save it will be set to only GPU fold.

Do you just use the main desktop client? Or do you have a dedicated GPU client?

No, I just use the main desktop client. One thing they did right was making the client pretty easy to configure for almost any setup imaginable.

Lol, sorry about all the questions. I just wanna make sure I do it right the first Tims, and spend the smallest amount of cash and headache possible.

Don't worry about it, I'm glad to help. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             

CPU
               WD Green 2TB

That EVGA board has no official suport for 4way sli, it says 2 way, but maybe it will work, if not check this build:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1220 V3 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($203.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($309.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($309.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Arc XL ATX Full Tower Case  ($114.99 @ NCIX US) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($87.89 @ OutletPC) 
Other: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($309.99)
Other: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($309.99)
Total: $2095.57
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-09 11:10 EDT-0400

I believe, gigabyte z97x-soc has support for 4-way sli.

I believe, gigabyte z97x-soc has support for 4-way sli.

Its OK, I'm gonna end up doing a single r9 295x2 in a mini itx machine anyway. Thanks for the help tho!